Puerto Rico Beaches closed on Monday's ????

Jul 19th, 2002, 05:01 AM
Lyndsay

Puerto Rico Beaches closed on Monday's ????

Going to PR on Sunday, I read somewhere that the beaches are closed on Mondays is this true. Staying at the Ritz, I assume that the beach in front of the Hotel we will be able to use on Monday. Thanks for your help.

Jul 19th, 2002, 05:33 AM
tom

i don't know where you read that but it's not true.

Jul 19th, 2002, 07:01 AM
rqf

A Balneario is a government run beach that has facilities: showers, rest rooms, food stands. These are the beaches that could be closed on a Monday. I don't know if the one at Luquillo is closed Mondays.
There is a beach fronting the Ritz. It is a public beach and all public beaches are always open.

Jul 19th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Diana_pr77

I live in puerto rico and i can asure you the beach is not closed on mondays. The luquillo beach is great, I was there last tuesday. Clear water and good sun, great day.

Jul 19th, 2002, 09:55 PM
Amy

I never heard of such a thing as beaches being closed. I highly recommend going to Luquillo beach.

Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:15 PM
Andrea

Every source I've checked says that the balnearios are open Tuesday-Sunday. Some may be open on Monday as well, but check before you go to be sure.

Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:03 AM
alexa

One word about Luquillo beach. I was just there with my fiance in June and he got stung by a jellyfish. Nothing too bad, just felt a burning pain for a few hours. On the way back in from the water he passed two more. We moved farther down the beach and I finally got out after a man caught a big one as I was passed by an even bigger one. I asked the people swimming there if this was a problem recently and some of them stated this is the first time they've ever seen jellyfish there.
Also - if you do go to Luquillo there is a nice spot near the watersports area that has minimal waves and the water is chest high up to about 50 feet out. (That's where we were since I can't swim)