Puerto Rico Airfare Question

Old May 22nd, 2002, 05:29 AM
Brad

Puerto Rico Airfare Question

What is a cheap airfare to PR from the East Coast? I am looking to fly in July and what I have seen is a wide range from $400-$700 dollars round trip.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 05:47 AM
jjj

If you can fly from JFK in New York, look into Jet Blue. They are starting a nonstop from JFK to SJU on May 31. Jet Blue is terrific and very inexpensive.
www.jetblue.com

Old May 22nd, 2002, 05:56 AM
Nancy

Hi Brad, I live in NC, and the current San Juan fare (as of last week) from RDU is $268.00.
I found that on Travelocity...

Old May 22nd, 2002, 06:03 AM
Frank

I hear ya Brad. Airfares from the DC area are running upwards of $600 for July. Its crazy. Try Orbitz everyday.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 06:06 AM
Lorraine

Jet Blue is starting service 5/31.
Currently out of JFK, only American fly's into San Juan.
Once Jet Blue starts service, they should be offering low introductory fares and American hopefully should drop their fares. Right now, they have a monopoly on that route.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 06:11 AM
Iris

Is it just me or does American Airlines monopolize Carribean travel. How can it cost $300 to fly from NYC to PR and $600 to fly DC to PR. Ridiculous. You would think DC would be cheaper.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 09:29 AM
Statia

Iris:

Yes, you are correct. AA does seem to have a monopoly on most of the Caribbean. My main hub is SXM and the airfare from there to most US cities has nearly doubled in the past ten years.

I certainly wish they had a little more competition in this area. It would help matters immensely. But, until then, they unfortunately can jack up prices all they want. We STILL have to fly anyhow.

On top of that, the prices have gone up while service has gone down. You can hardly get a meal on AA nowadays. The extra leg room is nice, though......I'll give 'em that.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 09:38 AM
Gary

American Airlines sucks, and yes they do have a monopoly over the Carribean. Brad your best chance for a decent fare to PR would be to try priceline. If not fares from the Baltimore to PR have been $600!!!!

Old May 22nd, 2002, 03:52 PM
Debbie

Hi Gary,I went to Priceline.com for my trip to Puerto Rico.It cost me $359 RT
(includes taxes and fees) from Albany,
New York to San Juan.I leave in a couple of weeks and can't wait.My first trip to Puerto Rico! Should be fun.Good Luck.Debbie

Old May 27th, 2002, 01:56 PM
anonymous

If you can fly out of New York, LaGuardia then try spiritair.com.