Provo vs. Cayman vs. Anguilla

Jun 19th, 2002, 06:56 AM
chazz

Provo vs. Cayman vs. Anguilla

After reading this board for the past 3 years or so, I've concluded that the consensus view of the best three beaches in the Caribbean "region" consists of Grace Bay, Seven Mile Beach, and Shoal Bay East.

(I know the Turks & Caicos are not technically in the Caribbean - hence the term "region").

It appears that none of these three islands is particularly "scenic," in the sense of lush vegetation or green hills.

Here's my question: which of these islands is the prettiest?

(I know this is kind of like asking who's the smartest, Larry, Curly or Moe).

We're ready to sacrifice scenery for a primo beach on our next trip, and I would be interested in opinions.

Jun 19th, 2002, 01:43 PM
Stephanie

Having been to all three, I think the biggest contrast is that Grand Cayman is just more developed and commercialed, and 7 mile beach will be more crowded than the other 2 you mentioned.

I remember Anguilla being very "rural" as we rode to our hotel from the airport. There was a home here and there, but a lot of undeveloped countryside too which I wouldn't describe as pretty or ugly.

I remember Provo and Anguilla mostly being flat and having low dense green shrubbery. We drove around GC a bit, mostly through residential areas that had palm trees and pretty native landscaping.

I can't imagine choosing any one of these islands based on their non-beach scenery. There's not really much there for any of the three in that respect. You might want to consider how much commercial development you might want or not want to see when comparing the 3 and their scenic values.

Jun 19th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Stephanie

That's "commercialized"

Jun 19th, 2002, 10:24 PM
Tom

Grand Cayman has the best scenery and standard of living--PERIOD!!!

Search this Thread