Providenciales, T&C or Punta Cana late April

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! We are trying to decide our next caribbean vacation and I think we've narrowed it down to Providenciales or Punta Cana. We have a 3 yr old son and are planning to stay for a week. Any thoughts on which island to choose???
Old Dec 28th, 2011, 07:23 PM

Provo. Food 100 times better and won't give you stomach problems, beaches are some of the most kid friendly in the world, beaches are far superior to DR.

But there's a huge price difference in both destinations, DR is one of the cheapest islands in Caribbean, and know for AIs, Provo one of the most expensive.
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 01:53 AM

Provo is small pretty few hills green nice beaches EXPENSIVE
and BORING after a few days for me. www.puntacana.com lots more to do at better prices good cheaper AIs with lots for kids to do. Hard Rock is pretty new and awesome there. Spirit.com cheap flights down. luxrylink.com good upscale values. Punta Cana for me.
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 01:59 AM

Dec 24, 2011 We spend a week at this magnificent resort and …
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...47293-d1076311...
Nuff said.good deals too luxurylink.com travelzoo.com bookit.com resort credits up to $1500 for some stays.
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 06:46 AM
KVR

That's like chosing an apple or an orange. It really depends on what your are looking for in a vacation.

Grace Bay on T & C is beautiful. We found the dining to be good, but quite expensive. You will need to rent a car to get around sufficiently. The Islnad is all about the beach and water activities. Not much for shopping or entertainment. If you're looking to plop on a great beach and just chill, then it's probably what you are looking for.

I love AI vacations and have been to many, mainly in Mexico. Have been to the DR once a very long time ago and didn't like it and will not go back. Read the reviews. I don't know anyone personally that actually liked the DR, but there are many on-line that do. Lots of complaints regarding the food issues and the over all atmosphere. However, if you are looking for an AI resort with lots of activity within the property and amazaing pools, it might be the way to go. The DR will be much less expensive than T & C.

If it was my choice, I would definitely go with T & C over DR especially with a small child.

If I wanted to go with an AI vacation though, I'd return to Mexico or Jamaica.
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for everyone's input! I think T&C is more our speed since we are all about kicking back at the beach all day and eating at good restaurants. Will the weather and water be warm enough at the end of April?
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 09:08 PM

Went last year in late April, weather and water were fantastic, we had a great time.
Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 05:14 PM

T&C is beautiful - been there Nov and Jan - water was lively and not too warm - stayed at Beaches (kid friendly but expensive) and Club Med (not kid friendly) extremely relaxing.
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 09:10 AM

I have vacationed in the Dominican Republic as well as Grace Bay in TCI and honestly they are both beautiful and great vacation spots.
If you are looking for a vacation in the Turks and Caicos then I would highly recommend staying at the Alexandra Resort. You will be able to have the comfort of an AI hotel, lounge on beach and still have water sports and fun activities available.
It also has programs for children so you will still have the opportunity to have some alone time on your vacation!
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 02:50 PM

I have been to both and for me it would be T&C--although after a week I was actually ready to come home. I have to agree it is not the most exciting island at all but if R&R is what you want most certainly it can be found there. I am not a fan of punta cana. Stuck at resorts mostly and the caribbean where I was at was full of sea week daily no comparison to T&C. I would pick T&C.