Notices

Providenciales Airport

Old Mar 22nd, 2015, 09:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Providenciales Airport

Hi again!
Can anyone tell me what to expect at the airport? Looks like they recently performed renovations. Do things run relatively smoothly?

I see something called "VIP Flyers Club" which offers what looks like a fancier waiting area and a fast track through customs and security for a pretty penny. Is that worth looking into? Traveling back to US on day after Thanksgiving and don't want to miss that connection in Miami.

Thanks again!
Old Mar 22nd, 2015, 05:07 PM
WWK

The airport is running a lot smoother this year than last. However, the day after Thanksgiving could be very busy. A lot depends on the time of your flight. Afternoon flights used to be really crazy with long lines and nowhere to sit in the tiny waiting area, but that's changed for the better.

Because it was so insane, we used VIP FLYERS CLUB a few times for my elderly 85-year-old MIL. This past January we probably didn't need it because the airport was mostly empty. But we were traveling mid-week, not near any major holidays.

Hopefully Blamona, the T&C expert can shed more light on this!
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 07:11 AM

Airport is bad regardless. The shops are terrible ($4 for a small bag of lay's, perfume and aftershave the same prices as NH)
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 09:41 AM

The new airport is GREAT!!We have going to TCI for many years---it is a wonderful improvement! Very smooth & lots of room to spread out.
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 10:11 AM

No one goes to a small Caribbean airport to shop!

Personally I like the upstairs lounge waiting area, get to get jealous of all the people getting off planes
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 11:11 AM
WWK

I agree with the posts above.Airports are notorious for overcharging. A single apple at JFK just cost me $2.50!

The airport in Provo has dramatically improved in the last year. But do your shopping ( and eating!) before you leave.