Notices

Providenciales

Dec 1st, 2012, 07:55 PM
Original Poster

Providenciales

New to post........in error I added my questions to another Provo post.

We are travelling the 8th to the 15th.....my adult daughter and myself....last mom/daughter trip before she gets married.

Questions: We are looking at the Windsong..Oceanfront one bedroom as it is close to the snorkeling at Coral Gardens. Is there a better place? We like casual smaller places with great beach/snorkeling access.

I have looked on line and Budget seems to have the best prices for cars. I noticed that Avis and a local company were recommended........more on this?

We want to bring lots of fruit with us as we have heard the prices are high there. Does anyone know what is not allowed to bring with us?

Thanks!
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:27 AM

Windsong is gorgeous! Lots of luxury, all the one bedroom units have sliding glass doors that give the impression that living room is open to outside, especially the corner units. The bathrooms are huge and luxurious.

You are right in front of a fantastic reef. Also close by is SNUBA.

Ad for cars, I always recommend Grace Bay Car Rentals or Avis. Budget there, not so much. I base this on customer service.

you can bring whatever food you'd like, as long as you declare it. (no extra charge for bringing it in)
But your breakfast includes fruit, and if you have to check in an extra suitcase for it that costs more than the prices of just buying. So weigh out your options.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:30 AM

The one bedroom oceanfront rooms at Windsong are gorgeous (!!), but the beachfront is very narrow. One of the most narrow of any hotel on Grace Bay.

However, the hotel has a lovely pool area, and as noted above, is right on top of an excelling snorkeling site ( Princess Alexandria National Park).
Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your replies! Makes me feel as if I may have made the correct choice!

Search this Thread