Reload this Page >

Prescription Snorkel Mask Rentals?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 12:48 PM
Kellie

Is there a rental place on Cayman for prescription snorkel masks? We are staying on 7 Mile Beach.

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 03:22 AM
joan

Don't know the answer to your question BUT if you wear contact lenses you won't need prescription mask. I have a 6.50 prescription (coke bottle type) and wear soft lenses and see beautifully by leaving my lenses in underwater. Have never lost one inside my mask, have been doing this for years. The saltwater is very comfortable (like tears). A pool, on the other hand, is awful for contact wearers. Good luck!

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 06:17 AM
Christie

Look around at dive shops in your area. If you really need a prescription mask, it will be much better to buy one that works for you and bring it with you on your trips. <BR> <BR>My mother, who loves to snorkel, has a very difficult eyeglass prescription andis unable to wear contacts. She used to just put up with only being able to see blurry coral and fish. While vacationing on Kauai, she found a dive shop that had prescription snorkel masks and she says that is the best purchase she has made for traveling!

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 06:25 AM
amy

paragon sports in new york city will order prescription masks. my husband got one from them. it took about 2 weeks and cost approximately $200.

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 05:34 PM
Annie

You should invest in a mask , try www.leisurepro.com , they have great equipment prices on line <BR>

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 07:01 AM
maria

Kellie, <BR> <BR>I definitely concur with getting yoour own mask with your own prescription. I cannot imagine that a local dive shop would have your exact prescription for both eyes available to rent. My husbnd and I purchased them online at diversdisount.com and I think they were possibly in the $100 to $150 price category and they were perfect for our trip and we both have serious correction prescriptions. <BR> <BR>Maria <BR>

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 02:07 PM
Susan

I always wear bi-focal glasses, except on vacation where I often get by wearing 1 contact lens. That way I can see distance with 1 eye and if I want to read a menu or a book on the beach, I can also see. It works great when we go snorkeling. My optometrist recommended it.