Pregnant and want to go to the beach!

Old Mar 13th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pregnant and want to go to the beach!

We'd like to plan a beach trip for early May (expecting a new baby in August) so I was wondering if anyone has any good beach and hotel recommendations for an almost 6 month pregnant woman and her husband? Thanks!
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 01:59 PM

I'm not sure the recommendations would be all that different even if you weren't "with child". There are more than a thousand resorts/hotels that are on a good beach and there are scores of islands, all unique in their own way. It would be easier to steer you in the right direction if you gave us some idea of your likes and dislikes, what you think you'd like to do (or not do) while on your trip, your tollerance for travel (do you want a non-stop flight from your nearest international airport or are you willing to take aone or more connecting flights?), how long you plan on staying, what you budget might be, do you need nightlife, does your husband require any special activities, etc., etc. The more information you can give us about YOU the easier it will be to recommend the right place.
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Ok thanks. So, we'd like non-stop flight, spa, hiking (or walking/shopping avail), biking (for husband, if possible), a place steps from the beach, if not on and pool. Am thinking St. Marteen, Le Petit since Grand Case sounds like a nice way to take a pool/beach break. (we are doing 5 nights).
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Original Poster

Oops- I meant we are thinking Hotel L'Esplanade. Has anyone been there? Is it far from the beach?
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 05:03 PM

I've not stayed at that hotel but I've read many favorable comments. St. Martin is a good island to visit as it has many varied activities that your husband can do if he gets "bored" just sitting on the beach. As for you there's plenty you can do without too much exersion. Grand Case is a terrific area, nice area, good beach, some shops and plenty of restaurants.
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 02:01 PM

Try reposting with St. Martin or another place you're considering in the topic. Pregnant doesn't really enter into it.
Congratulations!
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 12:59 PM

Well I'm four months pregnant (also due in August) and we just got back from Grenada. It was a bear trying to find a place to go though, as (like you) I didn't want to be on three planes and a boat to get to our destination. We still had to drive several hours to get to ORD since they have direct flights to Jamaica, then another direct to Grenada. Not perfect but not as bad as it could have been.

I think anywhere you go will be fine if you're pregnant. If you find a resort that offers all inclusive, definitely calculate all of the possibiites (do they offer free non motorized sport rentals, constant meals vs set times, etc) to offset the lack of alcohol you'll be drinking. It might not be worthwhile. We ended up at the Rex Grenadian which was lovely but they didn't offer food at all hours. Not a good thing for a pregnant woman. Fortunately I arrived prepared with many snacks. What we liked about the Rex is it's very family friendly and not a "party" resort. So when I was in bed at 9 so was most everyone else.

Longer post than I intended, but I'd suggest looking into where you CAN go first (what's your departure airport) and then you can likely find a resort that will fit your needs.