Please tell me about the Westin Grand Cayman

Aug 9th, 1998, 07:49 PM
Lisa

Please tell me about the Westin Grand Cayman

Please tell me about this resort. Would a fitness loving couple be happy here? Ads say it has a fitness center but there are never any pictures and I'm afraid that all it could be is a stationary bike in a closet. Does anyone have any info? Generally is is a nice place? Thanks.

Aug 10th, 1998, 04:50 PM
Bart

Lisa, The Westin has the nicest beach along 7 mile beach and the overall property is very nice. We couldn't decide between the Marriott and the Westin. We chose the Marriott and it was very inferior. The rooms were like a typical road side Holiday Inn. Went to dinner @ Westin and public areas were very nice. I would recommend the Westin. I don't know about exercise room but jogging along the road is very popular. They probably have a couple of machines. There are some good restaurants in GC. E-mail me if you want specifics.
If you Scuba - do Stingray City.
Bart

Aug 10th, 1998, 09:28 PM
Kevin

Stayed at Westin last Jan. Is was the best hotel on island. The Hyatt is nice but not on beach...yet...new addition to open this winter will make it the most luxuriuos property with anything and everything available to do. Only stay here though if you like things 1st class the whole way and like to be pampered!!

Aug 21st, 1998, 09:10 AM
MHY

My husband & I stayed at the Westin in May '98. We both run and use health clubs. The Westin is without question the BESt place on the island. The fitness room is small. As I recall, there were some stairmasters, treadmills and stationary bikes as well as free weights. It was serviceable. My husband & I typically ran on the beach or in the streets. The streets did present a challenge in that there is traffic and they drive on the left. Also, 7 mi beach is great for walks. We would take 1 mi, 2 mi or 3 mi walks during the day. Let me know if you have any other questions. we would go back there in a heartbeat!

Aug 21st, 1998, 12:37 PM
Netta

We were in Grand Cayman last week. We did not stay at the Westin, but we had dinner there and also picked up a dinner cruise at the Red Sail Sports on the grounds. The hotel grounds, very large pool, lobby and beach were all fabulous. At the Red Sail location on the property you can rent all types of water equipment and excellent snorkeling, diving, and water skiing trips are also available through them. Our dinner at Ferdinand's, the main restaurant, was okay, but not outstanding. There are other much better restaurants in that price range on Grand Cayman. If I return, the Westin would be my first hotel choice.