Please help with Little Dix room choice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've posted this question in slightly different form, but since no one's responded, I thought I'd try again.
I'm hoping to hear from folks who've been to LD recently. We'll be going in mid December, and I keep reading that there's a good deal of construction going on; also that some of the rooms/cottages have been remodeled, some not; also that some are quite private, some not so much.
What we're hoping for is a very nice, quiet, private cottage-- and hopefully one where the bathroom, etc. has had an uplift. Would MUCH appreciate suggestions about what specific cottages to ask for. (I don't trust the resort itself to the degree that I trust "regular folks" in-put.)
Thank you!
Old Sep 29th, 2005, 06:09 AM

I have the exact same questions, so I'm "topping" this message.
Old Sep 30th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Original Poster

So many responses to Caneel questions and almost nothing for Little Dix. PLEASE....
Old Sep 30th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Ike

Poss go to www.webshots.com and post "Little Dix Bay" in the search block at the top of the page. You will get many many pictures of LDB. I was there 4/5 years ago but I was not impressed. I will say I met a couple that went there 26 years in a row and loved it. We left LDB and went to Caneel Bay. We did not like either but my wife liked LDB best. Looking at their website they have done a lot of upgrade work and things may be much nicer now. I had a cottage right on the beach that was nice but nothing like I expected. We have been to 5/6 islands in the Caribbean but our next trip is to Cap Juluca at Anguilla. I can't wait.

A very nice place you may like one day is The Ocean Club on Paradise Island near Nassau....it was fantastick. Good luck.
Old Oct 6th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

Still trying to get feedback about recent stays at Little Dix. Please?
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 06:11 AM

Poss: I'll be there in early November, and I'll try to remember to respond to you with some info. after that.
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

brenki: Thanks very much-- and good luck (to everyone!) in avoiding hurricanes.
I really will be most grateful if you'll remember to report back. Accommodations are so expensive at L.D.; I just hope we won't feel cheated. And I do think that room choice can have a good deal to do with one's pleasure in a place.
Have a great time!
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 04:57 AM

Hi- we are heading to LDB this saturday(hopefully- not sure about Hurricane Wilma yet!) I too have some reservations about room choices and have had my travel agent request the quietest room available. I have called also and they seem very cooperative- still you never know though. We do have a cottage booked so I will tell you all about it. I agree that there are many more posts about Caneel and not LDB. Hopefully a great time is in store for us both.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

terric-- thanks for posting-- and I hope your trip is terrific. (Wilma, I think, will not impact that part of the Caribbean. We're extremely nervous, though, because we have a house in southern Florida-- which is exactly where the storm is supposed to hit.)
Did you purchase any meal plan in advance? I'll be curious to hear what you think of the food. It wasn't very good at Caneel the several times we were there.
If you could note and report back on which exact cottage numbers you think are the most private and quiet (and good views), I'd be most grateful. I'm somewhat concerned about people walking back and forth in front of those beach cottages-- I don't like the idea of having to keep curtains drawn. I wonder whether those cottages up on stilts might have more privacy-- and, in fact, a better view.
In short, any specifics when you return much appreicated. Have a grand vacation!
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 03:39 PM

I haven't stayed at Little Dix, but have visited on day trips from Caneel Bay. The beach is incredibly beautiful and I think it would be a quiet, relaxing, romantic place. The baths make an interesting 1/2 day trip.