Is Northside a good place to stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2003, 12:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're planning travel right now for Grand Cayman during Christmas vacation, and are looking at condo/house rentals at Northside. Is this a good area? Thanks!
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 03:35 PM

Paula2003,
The north side is not for everyone, but I personally love it! I've been staying there going on 14 years now. It's a 45 min. drive from town, and you would need a car to stay there. It's mostly a residential neighborhood, with villas and condos to rent. The up side is, no crowds, no traffic, no cruise ship people, and a chance to get to know the loclas in that area, and a very laid back relaxing vacation. Down side is, limited restaurants compared to Georgetown and the 7MB area, limited nightlife, but there is some in the area. Not much shopping, except for a few gift shops here and there. It really depends on what your looking for! I wouldn't stay anywhere else on the island except the north side, but Hubby and I like a nice quiet, secluded area to just chill out. If you like walking the beach in the morning and yours are the only footprints in the sand, you'll love the north side!!! Give us some more details what your looking for, and I'll try to help.
Sandy
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

That is basically what we are looking for; quiet and no crowds. My husband and I snorkel, and the other couple we're traveling with dive, and other than that we like to hang out on the beach reading, relaxing. So Northside sounds good! We are hoping to book a place called the Webster House, near Rum Point. Ever heard of it? I think it is actually in Cayman Kai. We are planning on renting a car, any suggestions on what company to use?
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:41 PM

Paula,
Sorry, but I'm not familiar with Webster House. If it's in the Cayman Kai / Rum Point area it should be nice. We stay in a condo complex called the Retreat at Rum Point. There are many homes for rent in that area, but that just doesn't ring a bell. As far as a car rental company, lately we have used Dollar rental, right across from the airport. They seem to have great prices, and we've been very happy with them. Just wanted to let you know that there is great snorkeling on the north side, and Red Sail Sports is in the Rum Point area for the people who dive. If your looking for peace and quiet, you'll love the north side!! Any other questions you might have, let me know.
Sandy
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Sandy,

We just figured out that the "house" we were ready to book is really in a condo complex. We're not sure if we want to do that. Do you have any suggestions of stand alone units (house/cottage) to rent for two couples on the north side of Grand Kayman? Thanks for your tips!
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

We must have been typing at the same time; just saw your message as I posted the last one. Thanks again.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 03:21 AM

Paula,
Check out www.northcoastcayman.com and then click Cayman Kai. There are 3 homes on that site that would fit what your looking for. 1. We'll Sea 2. Finger Tip 3. Kai Boose They are all on the best stretch of beach in that area. I have seen all three on my daily walks, and you can't go wrong with any of them. Let me know what you think.
Sandy
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 03:39 PM

Paula,
Also check out www.caymanvillas.com in the Cayman Kai area. That site has tons of villas for rent in that area.
Sandy