Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Playa Linda Condos, Radisson or Marriott Ocean Club in Aruba???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Susan

We are looking for beachfront &quot;condo accomodation&quot; in Aruba. I read that Radisson has suites &amp; someone mentioned a place called Playa Linda. Which is nicer? Are they both on Palm Beach? (I know Radisson is but when I did a text search here someone said Playa Linda was on Eagle Beach, somebody else said it was on Palm Beach). We need a 2BR condo. Any suggestions? What about Marriott Ocean Club?<BR>

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 04:57 AM
John

Playa Linda is on Palm Beach right next door to the Hyatt Resort. Costa Linda is located on Eagle Beach, its twin sister. I'm pretty sure both of them are two bedroom suites. Either one of them are good choices but they are not new. The Radission is better because it had a major face lift in 2001. The Hyatt is the favorite place but its rooms and balcony's are nothing compared to Radission. The Hyatt's grounds are very beautiful and the pools are the best as is there restaurants.<BR><BR>The difference between the two beaches are both very nice eagle having the wider part and maybe less people. Palm beach has the calmer water but has the the jetski's and everything else. Palm beach has the walkway for a romantic walk after dinner looking at all the hotels as you are strolling up and down the path. There are more restaurants located in and around Palm Beach. The Marriott is just as good as compared to all the top hotels on Palm Beach. I'm sure you receive better service at the Hyatt Resort but can you tell the difference, not sure. The Playa Linda and its sister are both timeshare property's and are rated high on the list for places to stay. If you have a money concern and are looking to stay at one of these places as far as choice, the Hyatt, Radission and Marriott are the top hotels. Playa Linda is not that far behind.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 05:10 AM
Linda

Sounds like you want timeshare properties. Playa Linda on Palm Beach and its sister resort Costa Linda on Eagle Beach are the two good choices. Radisson is a hotel and does not have 2 bedroom accommodations just suites. Marriott Ocean Club is also timeshares and also a good choice.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 05:11 AM
Daphne

Radisson without a doubt!!!!

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 06:23 AM
Antoinette

We purchased a two bed, two bath unit at the Marriott and can't say enough good things about the property! Request a unit in the middle of the U-shaped property since they are constructing another time share property next door (also a Marriott). The units are large and very clean. Pool area is nice and the property is adjacent to the Marriott hotel and facilities. The Ocean Club and Marriott are at the very end of Palm Beach so the beach is not as crowded. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time there.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 08:07 AM
Susan

To Antoinette: Are you recommending the centre of the U to avoid construction noise? Is the new property to the north or south of the existing MOC? (Prob South b/c I do not think there is enough room b/t the Marriott Hotel &amp; MOC to build another timeshare property?) Wld. you be interested in renting out your condo for New Year's week 2004??<BR> And, thanks to everyone for the replies. Very helpful.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 08:28 AM
lin

Susan,<BR>I just got back from Aruba, I have been there 4 times. We stayed at the Radisson and had a great time. By far the Radisson has the nicer pools and beach stretch because it is an older/renovated hotel with more land. At the Hyatt people were elbow to elbow at the pool. The service at the Radisson was excellent, I was there with 17 other people and we all loved it. I have stayed at the Marriott at like it alot too but with kids the Radisson has a more casual feel. Playa Linda looks nice and clean but it does not compare to the Marriott or Radisson. Don't stay on Eagle Beach, it is not as nice as Palm Beach. Have a goos time. LIN

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 12:11 PM
denise

Hi Susan, <BR>We just got back from Aruba. We stayed at the Costa Linda and could not have been happier. The hotels were more luxurious, however, we found this resort to be very clean, the beach and pool were great ,the 2 bedroom unit had a lot of space. You never felt like it was too crowded. We also loved eagle beach. The Playa Linda did look even nicer than the Costa Linda. Good Luck<BR>Denise