Plantation Village Beach Resort

Apr 10th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Reda

Plantation Village Beach Resort

Has anyone stayed at Plantation Village Beach Resort? We are considering renting a 2 bedroom w/den villa there July 27-Aug. 3. Has anyone been since the recent hurricanes and if so, how was the beach area? Also, how is the snorkeling off the beach there. It says they have free kayaks for use. Can you kayak out to good snorkeling? We have kids 15 and 11 who I would like to be able to snorkel sometimes right near the property.

Thanks!

Apr 13th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Wendy

I've stayed at the Plantation Village 5 or 6 times, but not after the hurrican. My parents were there the day after and had to be put up into the second story condo because of the flooding. I don't know how the beaches look now, but when we were there last the beach had gotten smaller, but was still very beautiful and since it wasn't that crowded, there were plenty of places to lounge around right in front of the village. Plantation Village is very beautiful. Very friendly staff, nice pools and barbeques right on the beach. There's a lot to see snorkeling right in front of the village, not that colorful because humans kill off the reef by touching it, but there's a lot of creatures to see down there. To the left is some great areas to explore in the water because of the rock formations there, home to a lot of critters. If you rent a car, go to the cemetery for snorkeling. Great little colonies of fish and critters there for the kids to see. Take an underwater camera, it's beautiful. Also, across the street from the Indies Suite is a great spot to go to see a lot of wildlife in the water. Once again not very colorful but a lot of action. (eels, squid, puffer fish, etc.) Within walking distance is some nice shops to visit in the evening, yogurt and coffee places to get some treats and a pizza place right across the street for the kids. Also, not to bad of a walk to Georgetown for some nice vists. Don't forget to check out stingray city. The kids will enjoy that. Oh yeah, the kayaks are fun just to do something different. Hope you guys have fun. I think you'll enjoy the Village, we always did!!! We'll be down there this Monday. Yepee!!!

Jun 4th, 2002, 02:38 PM
Jon

Is it necessary to rent a car when staying at the Plantation Village? Also, how commercial is this area? Is 7mi Beach prettier than the East side beaches? Which has better snorkeling? Thanks

Search this Thread