Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
Notices

Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC

Jan 29th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC

My boyfriend and I are looking to book a getaway to an all-inclusive - I've never been to one, and I'm having trouble sorting through all the information out there. Here's my specs:
- About $1000/person, give or take, including airfare
- Nonstop flights from the DC area (DCA, IAD, BWI). We really don't want to have to connect anywhere.
- Looking to go in May or June but dates are very flexible
- Looking to go for about 6 days, also flexible
- Looking for a bigger beachfront resort with good dining options, more than one pool. Stuff to do (nightlife, entertainment, water slides, lazy rivers) would be a plus, as would things to explore around the resort. But mainly we are looking for some good old-fashioned lazing by the beach. We're not very picky, we just want the place to be safe, comfortable and fun!
- Would go anywhere warm - Jamaica, DR, Mexico... again, flexible!

Any advice anyone has is much appreciated!
Feb 1st, 2016, 01:38 PM

Plenty of resorts in Mexico for that price (per week) in that time frame. Just use one of the many travel sites like Bookit or Expedia, put in your dates, and go for it.
Feb 1st, 2016, 02:03 PM

I posted the same on this same question on the Mexico forum. You've got a LOT better chance finding what you seek in your price range in Mexico, than on a Caribbean island.
Feb 3rd, 2016, 06:13 AM

Those three islands are pretty much your choices. You'll have somewhat limited options from DC, but there are Caribbean flights from both IAD and BWI. At this price point, it's good that you aren't picky because that's rock bottom. Don't expect much from the food, but if you run the options by us, I'm sure we can make a recommendation based on what is within your price range. You'll likely end up in Punta Cana or Montego Bay for that price.

Search this Thread