Planning a trip, couples swept away negril?

Feb 17th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Planning a trip, couples swept away negril?

My boyfriend and I (25yo)are trying to plan an amazing trip. We could really use some advice!

What do you think of Jamaica? We were possibly looking at Couples Swept Away in Negril...someone had recommended Little Dix Bay in VG

What we like:
-beautiful beaches
-beautiful lush scenic views
-romantic hammocks & beautiful hotel grounds
-snorkeling & maybe horse back riding
-beautiful/exotic once in a lifetime -locations (The baths at VG looked intriguing)
-we are into health food & working out in a gym in the am

Details are flexible, we can go for a few days up to 8 days, anytime of yr, budget is flexible- we want to be amazed but we dont want to go somewhere expensive and snobby (price doesn't matter just the over all trip). We don't do the nightlife thing, we are more into the daytime activities. I don't think we would be very good with renting a car or a boat, so easily accessible places are best.

Our background:
Belize (Jaguar Reef- just ok, beaches weren't that nice but adventures were great) Atlantis/Bahamas 4xs(Great beach but way to commercialized)
Sans Souci in Jamaica (I loved it, but beaches werent that nice)
Guancaste Costa Rica 2x's(just ok) Cancun 2x's (just ok)
Puerto Rico (just ok)

I appreciate your help!! Thanks!
Feb 17th, 2008, 10:37 AM

How about St John? It has GORGEOUS beaches and lots of them, good snorkeling, lush hilly terrain, great hiking and breathtaking views. You can rent a villa with a pool for comfortable, romantic privacy or stay at Caneel Bay where you can walk right out to beautiful beaches (there are several of them on the grounds.)

A car is best for exploring the island but taxis are plentiful to get to the more popular beaches (though they won't take you to the most remote beaches)

For a great daytime activity, go on one of the charter boats to the baths or other areas of the BVI.

St John has good restaurants, a quaint town with nice shopping and low key night life.
Feb 17th, 2008, 10:50 AM

Sarah: I think you are on the right track considering Negril. You can save a lot of money by checking out on of the many non-AI hotels on the beach. I have been traveling to Negril since the late 80's and it is still my favorite Caribbean destination. I got my wife hooked during our honeymoon in 2002. Swept Away is one of the top AI resorts in Negril, however, I have never stayed there. The 7MB is lined with bars & restaurants with plenty of daytime activities. There is no requirement for a rental car as most places are accessible via foot or an inexpensive taxi to town or to the cliffs. Let me know if you are looking for any further specific recommendations.
Feb 17th, 2008, 10:55 AM

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...108AcMWTdi5ctU

Here is a shot of the beach looking south from a mid-beach location in the AM last June 2007.
Feb 28th, 2008, 10:42 PM

We're like you and Swept Away is the best place we have found so far for working out and healthy, delicious, interesting food. It is a total delight for fitness freaks. My hubby spends hours in the gym, and the Olympic pool and beach are both great for swimming. You can find every type of sport, exercise, and yoga there. We also don't care about nightlife and are never bored there.

Mar 6th, 2008, 06:13 PM

We have done Couples Negril twice and toured Couples Swept Away last trip. We are trying Couples Sans Souci this trip. (we know we are giving up the beaches).

We have also been to Cancun, Guancaste and San Jose in Costa Rica.

I will say this, 7 Mile Beach is beautiful, the grounds are beautiful, the resort is spread out, yet not a 600 room resort.

The rooms are nice, but not like the rooms in Mexico, no marble, no oplulance but whites and woods are the decor, very Caribbean. The food at Couples is fantastic and CSA has the most restaurant options.

If you loved Sans Souci, you will love the beaches of Swept Away afterall it is JA, and that laid back atmosphere is hard to beat!

We can't wait to try CSS.

Good luck with your decision.
Mar 6th, 2008, 06:15 PM

p.s.

CSA is made for people who love to work out, there is an entire fitness area across the street with a lap pool, a track, raquetball courts to name a few. Juice Bar, and there is also a Health Food place on the main grounds that caters to Vegetarians etc.
Mar 6th, 2008, 06:19 PM

There is going to be a show on the Travel Channel Friday night 9:00 Eastern time. 25 sexiest beaches, JA is #16 there is a spot that was filmed at CSA that will be on there. It was posted on Couples website today.

Search this Thread