Notices

Planning a three week trip

May 18th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Original Poster

Planning a three week trip

We are a family of four planning a first visit to the Caribbean from Australia (which may also be our last visit due to the distance!). We would like to get a taste of different facets of island life and are considering an itinerary around Antigua-Barbuda-St Barths-St Martins as it seems possible to move between these islands by boat or small plane. We enjoy a combination of touring holiday and relaxing: dad likes self-drive exploring and golf; mum and daughter#1 like shopping and history; daughter#2 likes beach and watersports; and we all like to explore different restaurants and cuisine each night. Am I on the right track with these islands and is three weeks too long? Also, any recommendations of things to see/do or ways to move around the islands would be great... Accommodation preferred is 4-5 star with maybe a few nights of extra luxury thrown in at the right location
May 19th, 2016, 05:21 AM
WWK

One of the best golf courses in the Caribbean is at The Four Seasons, Nevis. It's a lovely island to explore with some historical sites, good beaches, restaurants, and less touristic than some of the others.

So to change your itinerary a bit, I might do Nevis, Anguilla, and St. Barts.

All three will fit your wish list, and offer very different
Caribbean experiences.
May 19th, 2016, 05:21 AM
WWK

Just wanted to add that of course you could easily add a few days in St. Martin to get a taste of the island. I'm not a fan of St. Martin, but it is the point of transit for Anguilla or St. Barths.
May 19th, 2016, 06:05 AM

Hi
I'm a huge fan of St Martin (french side), albeit gone only two times. I give the link to my trip report (yes, I even wrote one !).
From St Martin it is easy to go to Guadeloupe by plane (about 200 €) and to St Barth (100 € - very small plane).

http://www.fodors.com/community/cari...e-postcard.cfm

I'm not a golfer so didn't pay attention.

Search this Thread