Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Planning a mother daughter spring vacation need ideas

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 08:07 AM
meg

My friend and I decided at the last minute to take our 13yr old daughters for vacation in either the Bahamas or Caribean. We were going to go to Dom.Rebublic but found out that during Holy Week they do not have motorized watersports so thats out. We are looking into an all inclusive deal where there will be plenty of activities for the girls. Two thoughts so far have been Wyndham rose hall resort in Jamaica and the newly reopened Starfish Twelany resort in Jamaica. Anyone been to either?? Any ideas or opinions are GREATLY appreciated. Our travel adgent was not much help except for giving us quotes. Please write back ASAP time is running out.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 01:14 PM
tweedy

Meg, have you thought about the Atlantis, for a 13 year old that will be Paradise, lol, and it's on Paradise Island. Easy to get to and the most amazing resort.<BR><BR>Her frieds will be green.<BR><BR>Try the Liberty Travel website for info on lots of specials offered right now, to alot of carribean destinations.<BR>www.libertytravel.com I use Liberty for alot of travel and they have always gotten us a great deal.<BR><BR>Another great website is www.where2stay.com, lots of pictures, and history of the islands and of course a message board to ask questions.<BR><BR>Hope this helps have a great time.<BR><BR>tweedy

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 06:22 PM
meg

tweedy we did think of atlantis but was told not available during the dates we needed. thanks anyway meg

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 03:14 PM
tweedy

Meg, try Liberty Travel, they were advertising Atlantis available for the time period you were looking for. Also might try the Comfort Suites there. There are also time shares that are part of the Atlantis complex and rooms are rented out when available.<BR><BR>Let me know if you still have a problem and are interested in Atlantis and I can make a call for you.<BR><BR>tweedy

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 04:43 AM
meg

thanks tweedy. I don't know but the liberty travel people in my town said atlantis was booked. I did not feel the adgent went to much effort to look into all possibilities though. It could also be the flights aren't available as that has caused us some problems.<BR>Anyway we found a deal not luxurious at all but the right price in Jamaica. The new Starfich Trelawny resort just reopened and is doing a grand opening special for the month of March so we booked there. I know it is not in the same league as Atlantis but the price was right and it had alot to do for the girls. We figure we will see how it is now that they just put 5million into it to renovate it. I know it was run down in the past. Know anyone who has heard anything about it since it reopened? Thnks. Meg