I need recommendations about the place to stay in Curacao. My husband and son will be diving, and I will be snorkeling there. They are newbies and don't have their own diving equipment yet, so they will dive with someone from the dive shop.
I might be completely wrong, but I got an impression that the area east of Willemstad is good for new divers (they need something easy and relatively shallow - up to 60 feet). People are speaking really well about the Dive Bus, and now I have to decide: stay somewhere close to them, or stay more west where there are nicer beaches and less people.
All of us are not big fans of large crowd, and the nightlife and restaurants are not appealing either. I'm planning to rent a bungalow or apartment with kitchen, and a car. So could you please help me to decide if the location of The Dive Bus out-weights the benefits of the west side of the island. Are there other good diving companies you can recommend?
In other words - where would you recommend to stay and dive for easy shallow diving (and snorkeling for me), and what company do you recommend to dive with?
Our budget is not very tight, but I wouldn't mind to save some money
I appreciate your help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Christmas vacation
- 2 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 3 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 4 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 5 NYE in Punta Cana
- 6 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 7 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 8 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 9 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 10 Abaco day trips
- 11 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 12 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 13 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 14 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 15 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 16 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 17 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 18 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 19 sailing the Abacos
- 20 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 21 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 22 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 23 1st time to Barbados
- 24 Help selecting an island destination!
- 25 BVI vs. Exumas