Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   pink beach club vs. cambridge beaches HELP (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/pink-beach-club-vs-cambridge-beaches-help-454160/)

wmorris Jun 28th, 2004 04:35 PM

pink beach club vs. cambridge beaches HELP

My family and I are planning a trip to Bermuda in August. Most hotels are already booked up, so we are down to 2 choices. Pink Beach Club or Cambridge Beaches. Any idea which is better for a family of 4 looking for a little r & r? Do you think Pink Beach Club is too near the airport i.e. the noise will drive us crazy, etc.

Dreamer2 Jun 28th, 2004 05:22 PM

Cambridge Beaches is a wonderful property. How old are your family members? I don't think you'd feel particularly comfortable with toddlers or very young children here, however. I would recommend it for it's location, atmosphere, restaurant, and ammenities. I do not know anything about the PBC for comparison,though.

wmorris Jun 29th, 2004 03:28 AM

our children are 19 and 15. we have stayed in the southhampton princess in the past and loved it. we want to be directly on the beach and not have to take their little bus to get to the beach.

DianeL Jun 29th, 2004 03:55 AM

I have stayed at both properties, and enjoyed them both for different reasons. Pink Beach has 2 very nice small beaches, and is much closer to Hamilton. There is no noise from the Airport as it is about 10 min. away. Cambridge Beaches is wonderful, but if you are looking for swimming it is not the best. There is one little beach called Turtle Cove which would be good for swimming. You can rent small boats on the property and take them around for a couple of hours, there is croquet and tennis. It may be too boring for teens, although it is very romantic for a couple. They could rent mopeds and explore the island. The dining room is lovely, and small children are not allowed after 7:30pm. Pink Beach does allow small children in the dining room, and I will say I found it very disruptive listening to a toddler scream thru a meal. We were there last year in June and there were alot of poorly behaved young children running thru the clubhouse and disrupting the dining room. You may get lucky and have children that have manners! It is a toss up, both are great properties. Did you check out Surfside?
They have cliffside suites which might be great for a family, fabulous views and they have 2 bedrooms. Good Luck

Dreamer2 Jun 29th, 2004 05:12 PM

I agree that the cove beach is the best for swimming and shallow snorkeling, but there are two other beaches, as well, plus both an indoor and outdoor swimming pool at Cambridge Beaches. There is a shuttle boat to Hamilton every other day, and the Dockyard is a half hour scooter trip away. You do need a licence to rent, and of course, confidence in left-hand driving!
Just to complicate further, I read last night that Pink Beach Club was just completely renovated. And the Sonesta Beach Resort just went through a $38M overhaul thanks to its aquistion by Wyndham!
Have fun! Wish were going this summer!