Notices

Pictures of Resorts Scenery of DR

Old May 23rd, 2002, 02:14 PM
NB

Pictures of Resorts Scenery of DR

Does anyone know where I can find some good accurate scenery of various places, beaches and resorts in D.R.? I am contemplating a trip in JULY (of all times) and would like to see the good and the bad. Thx.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 05:19 PM
me

check out
debbiesdominicantravel.com

Old May 23rd, 2002, 05:28 PM
Mary

Iwould also suggest debbiesdominicantravel.com I booked the bavaro all suite resort after reading their review, stayed for 1 week in march, it was great, beach was beautiful and resort was great. Would love to go back!

Old May 23rd, 2002, 05:34 PM
Mary

If you want to see the bad while your in Punta Cana take the Bavarro Runners tour. They'll take you through towns where you see the local children who run out to the streets, almost getting hit by the trucks, so that the tourists can throw candy and money to them. It's very sad, but makes you very appreciative of the USA.

Old May 24th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Anonymous

Mary, I find it very distasteful to recommend a tour of the poverty in another country to be appreciative of your own. You should feel ashamed!

Old May 24th, 2002, 11:48 AM
paula

Except for the resort areas themselves, they do not offer much as far as getting out and seeing the country.... In both Punta Cana and the La Romana areas they offer the same tours - a trip through the sugar cane fields and a local school/village with the opportunity to "gift" the children, La Romana is close to Casa del Campo and a quaint village(actually shops and restaurants) - the name escapes me right now.

They do not recommend going off by yourself (renting a car)and it is not a lush island. Sadly, other than the resort areas which are built up, there is not much to see.