Picking a hotel in T&C

Nov 9th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Picking a hotel in T&C

A friend and I are going to T&C for a week in March. We are deciding between Sands, Coral Garden, Royal West Indies or maybe even doing Club Med. Any thoughts? Sands is the front runner at the moment, but haven't heard any good reviews on here...
Nov 9th, 2005, 10:16 AM

Hi Luxlady,
We enjoyed the Coral Gardens, clean, wonderful accomodating service staff, on site dining. A small resort with good snorkling right out front. T&C has a lot of new construction so be sure to ask about nearby work zones that could disturb your peace.
Great food on the island!
Nov 9th, 2005, 11:56 AM

I've stayed at Royal West Indies twice in the past year and really enjoyed the resort. Beautiful grounds, nice accomodations and a very friendly staff. It's also one of the more inexpensive places to stay on Grace Bay. Sands seemed more family oriented and there are so many nice restaurants on the island that I would hate to eat at Club Med every night. If snorkeling is important then Coral Gardens might be right for you since there's a reef right in front of the resort.
Sandy
Nov 9th, 2005, 05:32 PM

Coral Gardens is one of our favorite Caribbean resorts, and we have been to lots of them. The beach is spectacular -- flour-soft, glistening white sand with a wonderful snorkeling reef starting about 5 yards off the beach! There are also large sea grass beds there, which attract huge hawksbill turtles (we saw 7 of them in one outing). The on-site restaurant is probably the best on the island, albeit somewhat expensive, and the beach grill is fine for lunch or a casual dinner. A full American breakfast is included, and we ate ours each morning on our balcony overlooking the sea. It is an all-suite resort with lots of amenities, including full kitchens, and the service is excellent. Go there, you'll love it.
Nov 10th, 2005, 05:55 AM

We were not thrilled with housekeeping at Sands. Rooms were not cleaned until 3pm. Other than that the resort is nice. Convinient location on Grace Bay, can walk to couple different restaurants.
Nov 11th, 2005, 07:49 PM

Beware of the management at Coral Gardens... choose another property.
Nov 11th, 2005, 08:11 PM

I would stay at Coral Gardens, then RWI, then Sands in that order. Ditto the complaint about the lax housekeeping at the Sands.
Nov 12th, 2005, 12:33 PM

To Cariblady--I have stayed at Coral Gardens several times and am confused about yopur management comment. Have they changed management. Please elaborate
Nov 12th, 2005, 12:58 PM
TG

We've stayed at Ocean Club West and The Sands. IF we ever go back we'd stay at The Sands without a second thought.
Don't know why there are bad reviews on here?
Nov 12th, 2005, 01:02 PM
TG

.........by the way we NEVER had a problem with the cleaning of the 2 bdrm. suite at The Sands.......
Nov 12th, 2005, 06:12 PM

We stayed at the Sands in May of this year. I think MNAG stayed in July perhaps. We had problems w/housekeeping almost everyday. Based on my conversations with other guests at the resort, this lax housekeeping issue was prevalent in every type of room.
Nov 13th, 2005, 03:56 PM

We just got back from our vacation at the Sands. We really liked the resort and would stay there again. Click on my screen name and you'll find my trip report from a few weeks ago. The housekeeping was done late in the day but in general they did a pretty good job once they got there.
Nov 14th, 2005, 06:36 AM

We were there for a week in April this year and had a two bedroom condo. Housekeeping did do a decent job of cleaning but usually did not show up until 3pm and a few times a bit later after we called the front desk (which we thought was kinda late). This was not an isolated incident. We spoke to others who had the same complaint. Hopefully this has changed.
Nov 14th, 2005, 06:37 AM

Sorry I misspoke, we were there only for 5 days not a week