I visited Providenciales (Caicos islands) and Grand Turk (Turks Islands) over the July 4 long weekend. While they are primarily a beach/diving destination, for good reason, and I did both, I also tried to visit some of the other sites, especially on Grand Turk, which is by far less visited than the Caicos islands. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the only tourist in Cockburn Town during the half-day I spent on Grand Turk.
I rented a car to visit Providenciales -- I did see local buses, but they seemed infrequent, and I didn't want to depend on taxis.
I stayed at the Gansevoort, which is located on a clean, long beach, and it was away from the much busier part of Grace Bay.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 HP printer 1:800:681:7208 contact installations hp Tec*h care 24*7vk
- 2 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 3 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 4 Christmas vacation
- 5 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 6 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 7 NYE in Punta Cana
- 8 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 9 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 10 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 11 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 12 Abaco day trips
- 13 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 14 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 15 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 16 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 17 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 18 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 19 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 20 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 21 sailing the Abacos
- 22 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 23 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 24 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 25 1st time to Barbados