Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Photos of Vieques

For anyone interested in seeing photos from our recent trip, go to:
http://picasaweb.google.com/maggiwun/Vieques2007

or to my blog:
http://maggiwun.blogspot.com/
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 04:32 PM

Thanks for sharing your pictures!I also read your trip report and it sounds like you had a good time in Vieques!

BTW..I use to have a grey Russian Blue like your 2..his name was Yukon.He was such a sweety!

Thanks for sharing!
Christie
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 04:51 PM

Thank you for posting your pics!
oh
my
god
(re: the awful villa)
I love the pool area of the good villa!
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 05:38 PM

I really enjoyed your pics and blog. I ditto caribtraveler, OMG, that first villa was disgusting! I admire your savvy getting free tickets! I read your VG trip report as well. I noticed that you flew out of Detroit. We live in Lincoln Park about 15-20min from Detroit Metro Airport.
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Christie, I've had cats all my life, but these are my first two Russian Blues. They are my favorite cats to date. We found them online at petfinder.com and drove all the way to Toronto to get them (5 hours from Detroit). They are brothers.

Caribtraveler: I know, can you believe they wanted $2000 a week for that place? Honestly, online it only showed its best side and the photos must have been old. There's an interesting story behind that house. I was told a couple of druggie/hippie Hollywood types built and owned it for years. Had parties there attended by celebrities such as Will & Jada Smith. I talked to someone who had been to one of those parties. They used to hang with Cyndi Lauper. Anyway, the word is that now they no longer want to spend money to maintain it. They live in California I believe. It's not the rental manager's fault - they are just doing their job and I'm sure it's a difficult one. By the way, I enjoyed reading your report. I'm interested in Eleuthera myself, thanks to Joan...

Brendanq, coming out of Detroit, do you mostly fly NW too? Isn't it frustrating lately? I don't want them to go under, I need to use my miles and free tickets!
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 02:47 AM

Wonderful pictures!! But I cannot imagine they even listed that property as a rental!!!And the agent should have told you ... I would have been embarrassed to bring someone there!!
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 04:57 AM

Maggi,
Actually we have always found the best airfare and flights on US Airways from Detroit. We have connected in Charlotte and Philadelphia. We prefer Charlotte over the latter.
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 12:34 PM

Hi Maggi,
Thanks so much for posting the pics. I've always wanted to check out Vieques...
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, brendandq, I'll give them a try next time.

Queenkatez, I have found that no photo can really do justice to a place. The feel, temperature and color of the water were really incomparable to any place we have been before, especially on green and blue beaches.

To all: Posting the photos of Las Piedras has prompted profuse apologies from the people handling its rental. From what I understand, they will be used as evidence to the owner that the house should no longer be rented until a lot of maintenance is done on it.