Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Petit St Vincent (PSV) (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/petit-st-vincent-psv-485404/)

eks6426 Nov 10th, 2004 11:21 AM

Petit St Vincent (PSV)

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for July 2005. Our current top pick is Petit St Vincent. I'd appreciate your input on a couple of items.

1. My fiance has this fantasy about swimming in the ocean naked or even laying on the beach without clothes...can we do this here without getting into trouble or offending anyone?

2. Cabin choices--ideally we want privacy but also easy beach access. See above point on my fiance's naked fantasies....

He has no desire for exhibitionism..just likes the feel of the sun & water on his skin...all of it. Thanks so much!

Sunnyboy Nov 10th, 2004 02:09 PM

PSV is not a clothing optional resort. There really is no place where you would be totally safe from "prying eyes" and some of the other guests might be offended as will the locals who work on the island. There are a few areas on the north end of the island where through the use of stratigic plantings you have the illusion of small "privacy" beaches but they are actually very close together and not all that private. Best if your fiance and you keep your clothes on. I believe you cabin choices were adequately discussed under another post.

stanclark Jan 17th, 2005 12:12 PM

My wife and I stayed there in August of 2000 in cottage 19. It was very private and even has an outdoor shower and its own little beach. Like your fiance, I like to be nude as much as possible and found it no problem. On the west end beach, I asked the folks at the adjacent cabana if they would mind if I sunbathed nude. They were also interested so we did. No one complained. I even asked the front desk clerk and she said they had no policy against it. The only thing against cottage 19 was that it didn't get much of a breeze whereas hillside cottages do. It looked to me that 18 would be a good one.

They can also take you out to their little 'island' with a picnic and you can do whatever you want there.

We really loved our stay there and hope that you do too.

BeachGirl247 Jan 25th, 2005 06:36 PM

Each visit there have been people who prefer to go topless or naked while sunbathing. But you have to go looking to see anyone anyway! Its so secluded. But no one was ever "advertising" -- they were up close to their hut or by their own cottage. Geez -- the people off the boats that walk on the beach rarely had their tops on! Not that my husband ever complained.

Enjoy your trip -- its a fabulous place!

Hope we make it there this July as well. Love it!!

millemar Jan 25th, 2005 09:44 PM

We went there for our honeymoon in 1998 and again in 2003. Fabulous place! The first time we were in Cabin 21, one of the hillside ones. At first we were disappointed not to be right on the beach, but after looking at all the cabin locations, we decided we preferred hillside because the privacy is better. You can be nude on your sundeck and no one will see. The second time we got Cabin 5, which is even more secluded than 21. I recommend 3 and 5 as top picks, although you probably can't go wrong with any of them. PSV has golf carts that take you to private beach cabanas which are pretty secluded, although occasionally other guests do walk by. Our favorite memory of PSV was the answer to every question we asked of the staff. Answer: "whatever you want". Truly an excellent resort!! Enjoy

millemar Jan 25th, 2005 09:45 PM

PS - the food is fantastic too!