Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Petit St. Vincent (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/petit-st-vincent-124127/)

Tom May 15th, 2001 08:49 AM

Petit St. Vincent

We are thinking about Petit St. Vincent. Has anyone been there lately? Any comments?

Lara May 15th, 2001 02:23 PM

Check out www.scubamom.com. She has a very comprehensive review of the island/resort, as well as some great pictures and even downloadable screensavers of the resort. It looks absolutely beautiful!

Karen May 15th, 2001 04:22 PM

Testing!! I typed a long comprehensive reply and found Fodor's down with "technical difficulties" or some such message. So frustrating! ... so before I do it again ... or if you want a copy of my very long detailed report (notes later condensed) I can email it to you!

Karen May 15th, 2001 05:29 PM

grrrrrrr ... wouldn't paste! and then I retyped it! and now it doesn't show! Too long, I guess! grrrrrrr <BR>For my "critique" of PSV, email me and I will be glad to forward it to you! Or else, Fodor's doesn't like my not so glowing review!! :-) <BR>Forwarned that that I did not like the trek to the beach at Biras Creek either and the treks on PSV are a lot longer! <BR>Cuisine was unimaginative, dinners cold, service with a few exceptions cold and indifferent, flag system a "joke" and inefficient. But wonderful seclusion and privacy! Much more to follow ... both good and not so good!

Sande May 16th, 2001 06:28 AM

Loved it. Been many places to compare. Yes the food is not fantastic but we felt it was totally adequate & always hot. Guess we lucked out. The flag system worked great, if we put in a note for something & said we were on the beach, within 20 minutes we had lunch delivered with a cooler of ice & drinks to our requests. Breakfast was always brought to our cottage at the exact time we asked & the breakfasts were wonderful. Perfect croisants. Perhaps they have changed chefs? Totally romantic, quiet destination. Beach was at our fingertips. Snorkeling Tobago Cays was great. Hope it is the same for all who go. I'd go back in a second.

David May 16th, 2001 07:26 PM

Just got back last week. Loved it. Didn't have any issues with distance to beach - we stayed in hillside cottage-and did one night in beachfront-preferred the hills. <BR> <BR>Thought the food was spectacular-but I'm not hard to please. <BR> <BR>PSV does seem to advertise perfection--they did miss a beat here and there--once they forgot our lunch order at the beach and by chance I caught them driving by-and they delivered it quickly. Not a disaster but again, you don't expect to be completely blown off. The transition to our preferred cottage was bungled--showed up at wrong time and then made us lose a few hours in limbo, but from there on, everything was fine. <BR> <BR>It's very private, people keep to themselves and it was exactly what we wanted--a few bumps in the road on service noted above but far outweighed by the serenity. We plan to return.