Peter Island Resort All-Inclusive?

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Kim

Peter Island Resort All-Inclusive?

Hi,

Many questions about Peter Island Resort in BVI. Please reply if you've been there and have first-hand knowledge. Would love to ask more questions! Please email if you're willing to discuss via email.

What's NOT included in the rates? What are the "nickel and dime" type things that add up? How are the watersports? What is included with them (equipment, instruction, etc)? I understand that drinks are not included in the rates - how much can I expect that to add on to my daily cost (for 2 adults that drink low amounts of alcohol)?

Thanks!

Kim

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 09:44 AM
traveller

There are no nickle and dime type things. Peter Island is not all inclusive but if you check for the special packages, you can maybe find some things included.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 10:31 AM
Patty

It depends on which package you are on. For the basic ones, the extras would be alcoholic beverages (typical resort prices), day trips to St. Thomas or the Baths, Thursday night vintner's dinner, spa treatments, diving, there really isn't any 'nickel and diming'. I can't remember if non-alcoholic beverages were included or not. There are also several packages that include some of the above extras. For watersports, they have windsurf boards, hobie cats, sunfish, kayaks, snorkeling gear. We didn't need any instruction so I don't know how equipped they are to handle that. I would imagine they can show you the basics. Hope this helps.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Kim

Thanks Traveller and Patty! I read a review that said the charges were "confusing" since some of it (meals) was included and some of it wasn't (drinks), and the service charge/tax policy was confusing. Any comments on this? I appreciate your info!

Kim

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Patty

I believe all meals are included on any plan. The only exception is the vintner's dinner which is optional and not held in the main restaurant. Service charge/tax totals 17% I believe which you pay based on your package price.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 03:05 PM
anon

ttt

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 07:03 PM
J

Extras for the week on a "low alcohol" plan should be a couple hundred dollars maybe a bit more. Beverages are the only thing extra at meals (soft drinks around $2 plus gratuity). Figure 2 soft drinks per person per meal ($2.50 x20 meals = $50) plus 1-3 alcoholic drinks per day ($20 x 7 days = $140). Then add on other miscellaneous things (gift shop items, extra bottle of wine at dinner).

If you are interested in saving $$, we bought beer in one of the local markets in Tortola (Carib brand - pretty good) and enjoyed it each night on our deck. Kept them in the refrigerator in the room.