Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Paying upfront for discounted rates in Turks and Caicos?

Old Oct 18th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm considering staying at The Somerset on Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos in June of 2013. They are offering 30% discounts if you pay in full at least 60 days upfront. The hotel looks beautiful to me... I've heard there are some issues with service but that doesn't concern me as long as the hotel is clean and well-maintained. Is that a red flag to pay upfront or is that a regular offer?
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 04:40 PM

Nit a red flag, actually a terrific usually unheard of sale.

It's a stunning property, and the place is spotless and well maintained. It's the prettiest architecture on the island.
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 01:54 AM

Agree with Blamona...we have stayed at Somerset many times. It is beautiful, clean and in a wonderful location. Great deals there now!!
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 11:08 AM

Many upscale hotels offer discounts if you pay up front. The only red flag is the cancellation policy -- be sure to check.
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! I booked my flight and a week at the Somerset in a one bedroom ocean view villa suite. So excited! I have two girls ages 5 and 7 so hopefully there will be other families around. We plan to use our kitchen a lot...anyone know how far the best grocery store is and the best place to rent a car? Also if anyone knows a specific villa suite to request?
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 06:05 PM

Cars, either Grace Bay Car Rental or Avis. Both will meet you at the airport. GBCR has older corolla type cars, Avis has new tiny cars.

Supermarket are close by. Awesome IGA gourmet is 3 minutes away. The main IGA is on hwy about 7 minutes away. Both are fully stocked with everything you can imagine.

Somerset is next to Regent Palms. Between the 2 theyll be other kids.

Gorgeous resort, on facebook they just posted a picture of the new lights under the pool, very cool!

As for requesting rooms, majority of resorts in Provo are condos with individual owners. To be fair To be fair to owners, they have to rotate units. While it's fine to request, most of the time they can't honor it as they have to make sure the next owner gets his fair share.

No worries, all units are gorgeous!
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 06:44 PM

I have found (on line) that Budget has the best deals. I also noticed that if you get your car at "Butterfield?" it is less expensive.........but you have to get there to pick it up? Do you know if Budget picks you up?
We were going to stay at the Windsong. Any reason not to book one of the one bedroom oceanfront suites? I wanted to be close to the best snorkeling so that and the photos is why I chose it.