Notices

Paula

Apr 26th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Michele

Paula

Where is the best place to stay in Curacao,good reatuarants, and how hard to fly in from Pittsburgh? Can't decide between Turks, Bardbados or Curacao---HELP-going in early August...

Apr 28th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Sue

Don't go to Curacao..it's dirty, and the people are extremely rude!

Barbados is nice,with beautiful beaches, and warm, friendly people.

Apr 28th, 2002, 04:39 PM
Trish

The Marriott will surprise you. It has everything you could possibly want. Beautiful pool area and an all around nice resort. The island is full of wonderful restaurants. Our favorite was Bistro le Clochard. De Taveerne, La Pergola, Tasca Don Francisco's and the restaurants at the Marriott are also good. I know it isn't an eay place to get to from MN, but not sure about Pittsburgh. It is our understanding that Curacao was once upon a time dirty, but when we were there last year, we found it to be an extremely clean place. We have never met nicer people anywhere. They bought us gifts, beers, offered to take our pictures, etc. When was the last time you visited somewhere and had the locals buy you gifts? We were so impressed that we looked at real estate when we were there!

May 20th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Paula

I'm sorry I haven't responded earlier, we have been out of town. If you still want info, send an e-mail with your questions and I'd be more than happy to respond. My husband and I have been many places and we really enjoyed Curacao. It really depends upon your priorities.

Search this Thread