Search

part 1 of iw's trip report to Nevis and St. Kitts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2007, 06:37 PM
iw
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
part 1 of iw's trip report to Nevis and St. Kitts

Ok, I will skip the boring stuff about the airport, flights and delays. Suffice it to say that we spent the ENTIRE first day just getting to....Ahhh, Nevis! I love that island!

We got to Oualie Beach for the 3rd year in a row! We were warmly greeted by Chef Jason with a , "Welcome home." How sweet is that, I ask you? We had a drink at the bar and caught up with Jason and Trevor (Bartender.....very cool). Off to bed since we landed so late. It was extremely nice of Jason to wait up for us and keep the place open for a late night cocktail! Much needed and appreciated!

Once again, we stayed in the premiere suite/bedroom and since we booked 6 months in advance, we had a good discount. It is so nice to stay at a place where they remember your name....hum "Cheers" is lingering in my mind. But, Moy, Tim, Stacy, Faith, Jason and Vaden did remember us! Yeah!

The room is very comfortable and very clean. If you stay here, be sure to put any food and drinks in the provided fridge since ants and no se-umms are all over. Don't forget the bug spray and if you take it, be sure it is in your CHECKED LUGGAGE!

We hung out at Oualie Beach and had lunches and a delicious dinner there. We also had Chip, our taxi driver from last year, take us to our other destinations. He is a hoot and very reliable, as well as kind!

We went to the Rams for provisions: aka: wine and burbon and food-stuff. Then off to settle down at Oualie Beach to chill (lime)for the first official day of vacation.

Then off to Chevy's for an afternoon of fun and sun, but alas, it rained and we were nerds and had water and diet coke! The lunch that we shared was lobster rolls with fries and a side salad. OMG.....great stuff. Very good!!! WE Will Be Back!!!

Dinner was at Coconut Grove. If you have not been here: YOU HAVE TO GO!!!!!!! Karin and Gary are wonderful owners/hosts. They delight in telling about their menu and their place. The food is magnificient! We have been twice and it is awesome!!!

Alas, it was time to get to St. Kitts. We took the water taxi from Oualie Beach directly to Turtle Beach. Yes, it was $100 or $50 per person, but well worth it, since the ferry is unreliable on Sunday (or any day). From 4S it is $100/person, so we took it and arrived at Turtle Beach in 10 minutes, to be picked up by a taxi driver, as arranged by Vaden at Oualie, and delivered to the Marriott by 12:30 for $26.

We did have to wait a bit for our room, as we were early and Michael Bolton didn't have a taxi....My ???Why wasn't he in one of the stretch limos from the hotel?

Anyway...away from 1980 memories:

We love St. Kitts! It is an awesome place to visit!. May we recommend Leroy and Wilma Procope at the following numbers:
#cell:869-665-3150 or 869-667-7988 or 869-466-9260. They are very reliable and on time and if one of them can't pick you up, they will send someone who will!!!

We have stayed at the Marriott for 3 years now and we love it. We have had 3 different types of rooms, ranging from direct ocean front, to pool view to left ocean front and all rooms were different, but great, in there own way. The service, for us, has been fine. The shops down in the main building are great.

The best wine and liquor deals are not at Pronto, but down the way at the liquor store in the Marriott.

If you are at the bar and Tony is on duty, he is very cool and will mix what you want!!

Great dinners this time were at: Serendipity, Fisherman's Wharf, Marshalls and Ballahoo. A great day ways had at Turtle Beach and a great sight was (sp?)Caribelle Batik. What a wondrous place to see!

St. Kitts is a great place to
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 07:15 PM
cw

I never tire of reading Nevis and St. Kitts trip reports. Welcome home iw! Happy you had a good trip.

Next trip we'll have to try Coconut Grove. We too had a great lunch at Chevy's. Next time we'll eat there more than once.

Looking forward to reading about St. Barth's.

CW
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 03:01 AM
iw
Original Poster

The teacher in me has to apologize for the typos in the first post. Where is my red pen?
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 06:56 AM

Great Trip Report.

Glad you enjoyed your stay in St. Kitts and Nevis.
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 08:55 AM

When we were in Nevis two years ago, we had lunch at Oualie Beach. The food and beverage manager started chatting with us and he was so friendly and genuine. I think Nevis is my favourite island. My husband loves St. Kitts (he drives up and down the Southern Peninsula road as many times as he can). It really is "two islands one paradise."
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 05:51 PM
iw
Original Poster

Now I am wondering if that manager was Tim or Vaden? Hummm....
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 06:18 PM

Just must add my 2 cents...that NO trip to Nevis would be complete without a Killer Bee...OMG~~~~~Walk along the beach in front of the Four Seasons and you will find it. Absolutely do NOT leave Nevis without one....or TWO