COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Paradisus Resort - PR

Old Feb 4th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

Paradisus Resort - PR

Has anyone heard anything about Sol Melia's Paradisus Puerto Rico. It sounds like the Sol Melia properties are nice based on the Punta Cana reviews. A friend is planning her honeymoon. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 08:33 AM

It hasn't opened yet. It was supposed to open in December 2003, but because of the intense rains and flooding that affected a lot of the Caribbean in November and December, they weren't ready on time. It's supposed to open sometime this month. It might be a while before any reviews of this place start showing up online.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Gracias para su ayuda.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 04:59 PM

I just spoke to somone at leading hotels of the world and she said that the resort is supposed to open tomorrow. not sure if she knew what she was doing- as she could not tell me what "all inclusive" means. BTW-do you? I'm confused by the term. thought it meant all meals, etc.
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 03:08 PM

Please have your friend check out tripadvisor.com on the Paradisus. Apparently, people have been deceived as to the opening of the hotel.
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 12:20 PM

I just called Leading Hotels of the World again and the PR Paradisus is currently open according to the gentleman with whom I spoke. According to him, they had a soft opening late Feb,but he told me they are now open and running. To be sure, you might want to call LHW again. The sol melia website is very difficult to navigate.