Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Paradise Island/Club Med good or bad choice for a fun, couples vacation?

Old Sep 13th, 1999, 08:04 PM
Alisa

Hi,
I am planning a vacation for May, 2000 and am considering Club Med/Paradise Island. If anyone has been there I would appreciate your comments.

My boyfriend and I would like a romantic vacation with lots of water sports and a decent night-life. Also, we want something nice but not too pricey.

I am wondering if club-med is too "party-central" ie; too many college kids drinking, etc. We are in our early thirites and like to dance, socialize,and genrally have a good time but would like some private and quiet time, too.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alisa

Old Sep 14th, 1999, 04:08 AM
Laura

Hi Alisa, I was at Club Med Paradise Island in April 1992. It was a nice resort with emphasis on tennis and golf.

There were a lot of couples there, not many kids. It is not known as one of the more "wild" Club Meds. Not much in the way of partying as in the other resorts which have a younger crowd.

I would think that it would be a good choice for you and your boyfriend.

Enjoy!

Laura

Old Sep 14th, 1999, 02:34 PM
Jim

I stayed at the Radison Grand Hotel on Paradise island three years ago. The best thing about paradise Island is the fact that it is connected to Nassau which is an interesting town to explore. There is a good beach on the north shore of the island, quite long and vacant east of the Atlantis Hotel. An expensive Islnad to visit.

Old Sep 14th, 1999, 09:43 PM
Alisa

Thanks for the replies. I read elsewhere on the net that Club Med has been having financial problems and quality is now going down, down, down in terms of food, services, etc. Have you heard the same?

Old Sep 15th, 1999, 03:57 AM
Laura

Alisa, I went to the travel agency yesterday and got the new Club Med brochure for this winter. It would appear to me that Club Med has spent millions on renovations to a lot of its properties - Paradise Island included. What I would be more concerned about right now is how much damage it sustained during Hurricane Floyd.

Laura

Old Sep 15th, 1999, 03:06 PM
Alisa

Laura,

Quite right!! Thanks for the help.