Search

palm resort t&c

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
palm resort t&c

Do any of you wonderful world travelers have any experience at the Palm Resort in Grace Bay. In the pictures, my husband likes the Palm better. Grace Bay gets lots a good reviews, but Palm is having a special...we'll be going in December. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old May 28th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Ok...I even wrote it wrong...how embarrassing! It's call the The Palms.
Thanks for your help!
Old May 29th, 2006, 05:17 PM

I've stayed at the Palms. I've Stayed at Grace Bay, Somerset, RWI, Sands, Beaches. I've been through Turks and Caicos Club, and Point Grace. (Okay, I get around) So tell me what your tastes are, I can try to guide you. Ex. taking kids? Upscale, or "bang for your buck"? Lots of pampering, or understaded relaxing? Activities or quiet?
I wanted to love the Palms. Rooms are gorgeous, Spa is out of this world. Little things were missing, like they didn't tell us breakfast was included, not at what time or where. They don't tell you they have free water on the beach. Now these little things don't really make or break a stay, BUT
On a really hot day. Our airconditioner broke. At 9pm they sent someone to fix it. We had a 1 bedroom, so it has living area and kitchen. No air was blowing in the bedroom. Guy said he wouldn't fix bedroom until next day! Of course, we had a 4 year old, and hubby almost had a heat stroke. Front desk said, give it time, if not cool, I'll talk to manager about changing rooms. Hour later, guy said he could fix bedroom. Once again, front desk, "give it an hour to cool down, then if not I'll talk to manager." Still had NOT talked to manager? Finally by 11:45 the bedroom cooled down. They never mentioned it at checkout, nor asked about my stay. (I overheard them ask everyone else) Mind you, I didn't expect anything, but asking about it would have been nice. I'm not picky, but if AC doesn't work and you paid decent money, you should have a room were it works!
I feel Grace Bay is a knotch above, and I LOVE the Somerest!
Old May 30th, 2006, 03:54 AM
Original Poster

Blamona,
Thanks so much for your wealth of knowledge! I was going to try to book the T&C today...Point Grace quite a bit pricier...as is Somerset. I agree it is beautiful, but considerably more at this time. I'm going to try to book something today...I hope I haven't waited too late! I may be asking about back ups....but I hope not!!! Thanks again!
Old May 30th, 2006, 04:29 AM

Somerset is having preopening specials. (They are not fully operational yet-still some construction and no restaurant yet) Call and ask for specials. I think Grace Bay Club is also running specials. (There weren't any in May, but usually by June they post them) Makes a difference! If you can't call them directly (Somerset is not toll free but Grace Bay Club is) at least Email and ask. It doesn't hurt to try. At Somerset, I actually recieved 40% off, ended up with a 3 bedroom in Estate section, so ended up off even more!!!!! I do know that Amanyara and Point Grace don't usually have many specials. Amanyara is the most expensive of them all. I think Turks and Caicos Club has run specials in the past, as has Coral Gardens. (Coral Gardens will have some kids) They usually do Stay 4 nights, get 5th free kind of deals. Go directly to their websites to see. Also try www.vrbo.com These are rentals directly from the owners, this can save you some money. At thoses, check out Renaissance. Nice and quiet for you, not many services, but walking distance to restaurants, etc. Also check into Le Vele, if you like modern, nice a peaceful. You would probably have Le Vele pretty much all to yourself.
Old May 30th, 2006, 04:35 AM

I wish I lived there! I live in the States, actually make ice cream. We are seasonal, so I spend Dec and Jan down in T&C. (Provo) We have little getaways there too. Then we also mix it up with somewhere else. (Mostly Anguilla, Out Islands of Bahamas, or Virgin Islands)
I'm very lucky! ;-)
Old May 30th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

That is awesome! When I grow up, I want to be you! hahaha! You haven't said too much about the T&C club. I like the Grace Club too, I'm just concerened a little more about teenagers and kids. What do you think?
Old May 30th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

blamona...you don't happen to live in South Texas do you? I know some people that make ice cream and have small children like you.....it would be an awfully small world!