Palm Island (Grenadines) reviews?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2004, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any input to share on this resort? I was looking at Jumby Bay and Little Dix for an October honeymoon, but this has caught my eye as well.
We are looking for seclusion when you want it, great beaches, great food and drinks and occasional excursions.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 10:49 AM

Just came back from a week on Palm Island. It was great! The beach was 20 feet from the front door of our beachfront room. The place is absolutely spotless. The food was pretty good (it's an all inclusive) but not stupendous, and they even have a 9 hole golf course which they do not advertse because it is not very well kept but still fun (if you don't mind putting on crabgrass). Everyone whoi worksd there is delightful. The entire hotel has 35 rooms. There are two rooms to a building and about 1/2 are on the beach and the other half are less than 100 yards away. There are no windows just wood slats that can be closed for privacy. You can hear the sea from any room. You can drink until you fall over. There are occasional excusions, but if you want to relax, this is a reat place. My wise and I stayed at the Four Seasons on Nevis which is a more luxurious version of the same thing, but you will not be disappointed.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 12:41 PM

icdchess...is there any snorkeling right on the beaches(and is it any good?) there or do you have to take snorkeling trips?
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 05:15 AM

I recently returned from Palm Island and yes there is a snorkeling exursion to Tobago Cays. It was nice with a lunch included. You can snorkel off the beach at the resort, you will see a few fish. But if you go to the otherside of the island, the water is a little rougher but better snorkeling.

A nice place for a honeymoon.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 04:02 PM

Palm Island is a beautiful spot for a honeymoon. We were there in January 2003 and really loved everything about the resort. LDB is very different, over 100 rooms and caters to families. Don't know much about Jumby Bay except what I have read, we hope to go there in January 2005!
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 06:39 AM

There is great snorkeling just around the side of the island in front of "Mary's house". Go on a nice, sunny day and it is fabulous. There is nothing to see off the front beach and the back side of the island is great but can be too rough. Ask where Mary's house is and snorkel there. Tobago Cays are good too but if you want to go every day you can just walk down the lane.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 05:54 PM

conway...how far is her house from the resort. Could you describe the snorkeling? (size of reef, animals you saw there) Is it big enough to stay exciting every day on a 7 day trip?