Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Palm Beach, Aruba vs. Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman

Palm Beach, Aruba vs. Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman

Apr 12th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Suzanne

Palm Beach, Aruba vs. Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman

I have only been to Palm Beach in Aruba 2x and would return again. Can someone compare this beach with Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman. Is 7mile as beautiful as they say. Is it worth the added cost compared to Aruba? IP mentioned 7 mile beach was too rocky on her feet to step on. Is this the case? Please inform. thaks.

Apr 13th, 2002, 05:17 AM
Sandy

Suzanne,
Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman is one of the top beach destinations! It's gorgeous white sand, with calm, ten shades of blue warm water! There are rocky entries along 7MB, but there's also plenty of sandy entries. And usually along the rocky entries is some interesting snorkeling. 7MB varies from very narrow at the southern tip, to very wide the further north you go, and it's actually only about 5 miles long. I think it's one of the best beaches I've seen and I don't think anyone would be disappointed in it. It has been voted one of the best beaches in the caribbean!

Apr 13th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Dee

Think what was meant by too rocky is that at the point of entry into the surf, there's a bit of shell and stone that you walk over. A step or two at most. For delicate feet this could be a problem. 7 Mile is sandy but that first step or two into the water - at places - could be a problem.

Apr 13th, 2002, 10:55 PM
Suzanne

Thank you for the clarification about 7mile beach at Gr.Cayman. It certainly gives me a better idea of the water color too. Both responses have been helpful.

Apr 14th, 2002, 02:09 PM
july

Watch out for the wind on Aruba. Sometimes its more than a breeze!!!

Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:19 PM
Jim

We stayed at the Marriott about fours ago and it was fabulous. The Marriott is located at the far end of Seven Mile beach. There was plenty of snorkeling off the beach and water is like glass. For snorkeling, I personally prefer the beaches on Grand Cayman over Aruba. But if you do go to Aruba, go to Baby Beach and snorkel. It's a small, public beach but there were tons of fish in shallow water.

Search this Thread