Aruba, Radisson, food and beverage

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be staying at the Radisson in Aruba this summer. Is it worth purchasing the breakfast and beverage deal they offer? ($79 per person per day- must buy 4 days)
We do enjoy cocktails on the beach!
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 07:02 AM
KVR

It really depends on how much you drink on a daily basis and will stay at your hotel to take avantage of the plan. Most foo-foo drinks will run you $6 - $8 per drink and the breakfast I would say around $25 p/p. Does that seem worth it to you?

I always wanted hotels to come up with just a drink and breakfast plan instead of all-inclusive or nothing. I would look at the overall cost of the trip with the addtional drink/plan vs. not doing the plan and see if I really want to pay that much.

We love AI hotels and have been to many. We've done 3 non-AI vacations and wished they had been AI. In Aruba there are so many resturants to choose from going AI seems ridculous to some people, but we did do AI at the Holiday Inn mainly for breaskfast and drinks and found it worth it. However, the AI option was only $400 total for two people for 7 nights, which made it a much better deal than what the Radisson is offering.
You can do a full AI vacation at the Amsterdam Manor for $132 p/p. That's a rack rate price, you can find a better deal on-line with a vacation package.
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 10:24 AM

I have stayed at the Radisson twice and will be going back in January. The first year I had some kind of breakfast plan for $25 per person, per day. Drinks were not included.
The second time we skipped the breakfast plan and ordered ala carte - much cheaper. I mean, really, $50 for breakfast for 2???
On our next trip we again will not have any breakfast plan.

It all depends on how much you drink - but $79 per person per day seems like a lot. You could probably do a lot better without the plan.

When you are there, see if Rudy is still the manager at the breakfast restaurant - he's fantastic!! The 2nd time we were there he remembered us from the first time 2 years prior.

You will love this resort - and there are of course lots of very good restaurants in the area, many within walking distance.
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 08:11 PM

We were there in April, most breakfast entrees were in the $15 range, even a bit less for more basic dishes; plus coffee/juice etc. The drinks did add up at about $8 each, usually we had about 2 a day, plus soft drinks. What is really nice is that there are waiters on the beach and you can order your lunch, sign for it and eat it, all without leaving your chair. One morning we walked a couple of blocks for breakfast outside of the Radisson; it was a little too hot to take a walk to eat pretty much the same food that we had at our hotel.
Old Jun 20th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Original Poster

I really appreciate the advice from all. The price does seem high to me, especially because we are not big breakfast eaters. But I wasn't sure what to expect for drink prices. Last year we stayed at the Marriot Stellaris and drinks (frozen style) in those small plastic cups were $10 each, only at happy hour did they have some 2 for offers.