Search

One night on Tortola?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 05:55 AM
Jason

One night on Tortola?

My wife and I are going to be in Tortola fo 1 night in March. We are arriving by ferry in the West End, and have chartered a sailboat which leaves at noon the next day. We don't need a kitchen or anything too fancy, just somewhere that when we arrive(5pm)can get ready, go out for drinks and dinner and then get a good nights sleep.<BR>Also, can anyone recommend a fun place to go for dinner and drinks? Any info is appreciated.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 12:56 PM
Dave

If you are into basic & clean, try one of the rooms at the Jolly Roger. Cheap and just the ticket for an overnight and you can get a great meal and drinks right there. Cab over to your charter berth the next morning and voila.

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Wendy

There is a small restaurant in the port of Tortola. It is called Bonnie's. My husband and I went there a few years ago when we chartered our own boat and the guy who was our captain for the first part of the trip took us there. His wife owns it. They are originally from New Jersey. The food was nothing special but it was good. If you go certain nights of the week there is live entertainment. Nothing impressive, but not too much on those islands is 5-star. It is the best place in the world, however, and I can't wait to go again. Have fun.

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 05:23 PM
keith

A suggestion for dinner on Tortola is the C&F Restaurant in Road Town. They are best know for their BBQ. It is an authentic West Indies hole in the wall place located on a backstreet. Are you bareboating? If so, check into the possibility of spending your first night on the boat. You'll then be ready to get checked out earlier in the morning.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 07:18 AM
Kate

I second the C&F advice!! Mu husband to this day (4 yrs) later still talks about it.Great food, huge portions such an experience in the local scene.Not to be missed!!!

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Paula

I agree with the folks above on C&F as well as the Jolly Roger. Guess part of it depends on where you're picking up your charter. If west end, would definitely go with Jolly Roger for overnight as well as eats. Otherwise Marina Cay could be a viable overnight choice along with C&F. Other's may have experience with the Fort Burt Hotel in Roadtown as well (we haven't stayed there, so can't offer advice). Have a great vacation!