On a budget in Tortola & Virgin Gorda...HELP!

Dec 31st, 2003, 08:11 AM
Original Poster
On a budget in Tortola & Virgin Gorda...HELP!

I will be spending a week at a semi-inclusive resort on Tortola Jan 5th-12th. I have a $300 budget. We are staying on the West End, but would like to take a couple of day trips to Virgin Gorda. We have a jeep rental for 3 days that's included in the package we got. Also included are four dinners and breakfast each morning. I'm looking for suggestions for cheap places to eat lunch and dinner/supermarket suggestions on Tortola and lunch places near the Baths on VG. Also wondered if anyone knows the price of petrol/liter, and the taxi rates. Is $300 do-able?!? Also interested in any lesser known snorkelling places worth visiting. I am beginner-intermediate snorkeller. Thanks!
Jan 3rd, 2004, 07:58 AM
For lunch places near the Baths on VG, you have 2 choices that I know of - Top of the Baths and Mad Dog's. Budget-wise, Mad Dog's is your best option - a very limited menu (hot dogs, blt's, shrimp salad sandwich, tuna sandwich (as I recall), but they have a beautiful veiw, and are famous for their pina coladas. I'm more partial to the Red Stripes. It is more of a roadside bar and grill. The Top of the Baths has a more extensive menu and is more restaurant-like (its not hugely expensive, and lunch is more affordable than dinner, but Mad Dog's is cheaper), it has a beautiful view and a small pool on the patio that you can use. Hope this helps. Check out the ferry schedules and cost of going to VG - that alone can put a dent in your modest budget.

Search this Thread