Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Nude or should I say 'au natural' beaches?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Suzie

Can anyone recommend an all-inclusive that has an au natural beach as part of the resort?<BR>We're looking at Hedonism, but are a bit worried about the wild stories we've read.<BR>We are a happily married couple who happen to want to head somewhere hot that has a nude beach we can enjoy.<BR>Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 10:44 AM
KELLY

Keep with the &quot;Superclubs&quot; chain....but leave out the Hedonism resorts....Try the &quot;Grand Lido&quot; resorts....they are upscale, but not as crazy as Hedo...they do have an 'au natural' section...Have a look at any of the Grand Lidos ---you will enjoy them!!

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 12:12 PM
iriemon

Sandals Royal Caribbean just outside of Montego Bay Jamaica has a private island a short distance off shore that has a portion of the island designated for clothing optional sun bathing. Very few people utilize it and it's very private.<BR><BR>Respect<BR><BR>Iriemon

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 03:44 AM
johnno

If you don't like all inclusives, try the Hawksbill in Antigua.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 03:55 AM
anon

Club O on Orient Beach in St. Martin

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 05:24 AM
joan

We enjoyed Couples. Last year we went to Couples Negril, however their nude beach was just a fenced-off section of the regular beach, with plenty of clothed passersby. Years ago we went to Couples Ocho Rios, and they had a tiny island just offshore, dedicated to nude bathing. You could swim the short distance or they would take you out in a little motorboat. There was even a self-service bar on the island. Check it out to see if they still offer this.<BR><BR>By the way, for a different experience, you could rent a house on Eleuthera, where the beaches are deserted right in front of the house...we didn't see another human for five days. Talk about romantic! (late April thru Nov for hot!)