Ferry between St. Martin & Anguilla

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to St. Martin a couple years ago on a cruise stop and toured the island - this time I was thinking of going to Anguilla for the day.

I know the ferry costs about $12 pp but does anyone know the times they run? Can you catch a ferry from the Dutch side?
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 11:19 AM

They run about every half hour at about 10 past and 20 to the hour. Not sure when the last ferry from Anguilla to St Martin is but think around 7 PM. There is also about a $3 departure tax in Marigot. No you can't get a ferry from the dutch side
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 11:37 AM

There's a twice a day shuttle from the airport (SXM) to Anguilla but it's definitely not for day trippers. It leaves SXM at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. ($65/pp). The public ferry ($12/pp + departure tax) that Howard described is the way to go if you're coming for the day.
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. Is there one particular company or several that offer this service?

When you go to Marigot, is there a particular place to go for ticket purchase or is it easily identifiable down at the pier area?

Lastly, we are in port from 9-5, enough time to day trip? Worth the hassle or should we just tool around St. Martin as we did before? Only concern is that I've heard traffic can turn the 20 minute drive into an hour + drive which must be factored in to the amount of time spent on Anguilla. My guess is that the earliest we could arrive on Anguilla would be 10:30 and we should head back on the 210 ferry to be safe??
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 05:11 PM

The ferries are operated by independent contractors but they arrive and depart pretty much every 1/2 hour. Any cab driver will drop you at the ferry dock; you go into the small building, sign the register, and pay the departure tax ($3). The $12 fare is collected on the boat. You should be able to get to the dock from your ship in a 1/2 hour but that doesn't give you a lot of time in Anguilla. Someimes people on the ship charter a boat in advance -- we've run into some of them and they seem to have a bit more time in Anguilla.
Old Sep 30th, 2007, 01:03 PM

With a limited amount of time I think I would skip Anguilla this time and plan a weeks vacation there in the future. You really won't see much in a couple of hours. For info on Anguilla this forum and www.anguillaforum.com are excellent
Old Oct 2nd, 2007, 07:52 AM

We took the ferry when we were on STX for a week several years ago. We actually checked out of our hotel, and checked into the Anguilla Great House for 3 nights, then came back and spent our last night on STX. Loved it all around.