Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

No flights from BOS(ton) to PID or NAS Bahamas end of June???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been trying for the last 4 days to find itineraries from Boston to Nassau or Paradise Islands in the Bahamas at the end of June (return beginning of July) and no flights...any ideas?
P.S. By the time this is read and people respond I have a sneaking suspicion that things might change...but if anyone has any thoughts, please share.
Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 07:23 AM

I don't know off-hand if there are any nonstops, but you can certainly take JetBlue and connect to Nassau through JFK. I suspect you can also fly to Fort Lauderdale and connect to a wide variety of flights to Nassau.
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Doug: I just find it curious why a simple search from Bos to PID (or NAS) does not bring up ANY itinerary, either via charlote, jfk, or atlanta, or miami...and why neither of the dates I put there work, for example I put a span of 8-10 days travel starting June 25 and returning any time up to july 14...nothing...I know that if I search under the departing from ANY (other than BOS) and going to either NAS or PID, flights do come up...but why not from BOS?
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 07:43 AM

I used Kayak and saw tons of flights, BOS to NAS for end of June to beginning of July. Through ATL and other gateways.
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

thank you for your responses. I looked up kayak as well, and found several flights. The best ones are 5-6 hours of total travel time (each way) vs 10-15 hours...but still curious that travel yahoo com does not show up anything...
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

now...lets see, family/children friendly resorts, or on the beach condo/villas...time to search...any suggestions where to begin?
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 10:50 AM

There are a couple of likely explanations.

First, there aren't any flights originating in Boston that get into JFK or any other airport early enough for a morning connection to Nassau. The long layovers seem to bear that out. Solution: Leave later from Boston to avoid a long layover and just accept a later arrival.

Second, travel.yahoo.com isn't a very good search engine. Did you try others? You say you could find "no flights", but a search on that engine turned up scores of options, but the travel time was long on almost all of them. So I think you mean that you could find no convenient flights, and that may very well be the case. Solution: Again, you have to live with the long layover or keep looking.

But there are many options, just no non-stops, and not all flights are well priced. And I know for a fact you can get JetBlue if you are willing to leave around 6am and connect (it appears) through Fort Lauderdale or JFK.
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

Doug: thanks a lot for your input. I have always used yahoo. for booking and don't recall having any problems, but I see what you are saying about other sites. I found through KAYAK indeed good itineraries. Now, as far as what I said/meant with 'no flights" it is true, that searching for a series of depart/return option through yahoo it prompted a window saying that sorry there were no flights could be found (or something like that) and made the suggestion to look in to other days/etc...But, thank you for all your input, great. Now, I have to look for accommodations and don't know where to begin