Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   No Clue About Miramar Hotel (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/no-clue-about-miramar-hotel-241506/)

laila Jul 20th, 2002 07:14 AM

No Clue About Miramar Hotel

We will be traveling to P.R. in Aug. staying at the Miramar Hotel in San Juan. It was a great value deal thru Expedia.com. Visited their website doesn't look to bad considering we just need a room to crash. Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Can you please tell me a little about it.

Mariarosa Jul 20th, 2002 08:41 AM

Hi Laila! I don't know anything about the hotel itself, but I can tell you about the area that it is located in (I know it well). It's in a nice residential neighborhood that is very convenient to Old San Juan and to COndado. It's not on the beach. It's not far from beaches and nightlife in Condado and Old San Juan (2 minutes by car to the closest beach in Condado - La pozita next to Condado Plaza, 15 minutes to Isla Verde, 10 minutes or less to Old San Juan). You will either have to rent a car or take cabs, so figure that in the budget.<BR><BR>There are a couple of fantastic restaurants that are right next to or very near this hotel. One is Chayote, which is great nouveau Puertorrican cuisine. It's across the street. The other one is Augusto's, which is considered the best continental restaurant in Puerto Rico. There's a bakery in front (Iberia) where you can have breakfast. Other than that, it's a residential neighborhood and there's not much else. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

laila Jul 28th, 2002 02:16 PM

Thx for the advice. We're staying in P.R. for 9 days we would like to visit the isle of culebra planning on taking a ferry there and flying out. Do you recommend a 1 or 2 day trip? Are you familiar with their car rentals? Most importantly where can we stay?

Diana_pr77 Jul 28th, 2002 02:32 PM

Dont know much on the hotel except the location, but if you need more info on hotels in San Juan visit this website: www.travelandsports.com<BR>For info call toll free at the PR tourism company at 1-800-866-7827 they can also help you find a hotel.

laila Jul 29th, 2002 05:29 PM

I've tried the websites they are helpful, thx. I was hoping maybe someone can recommend a hotel in culebra from their own personal experience. Any advice or recommendations? Diana77 its great to hear from someone who lives in PR. What do you know about the isle of Culebra, what do&don't you recommend there.

Mariarosa Jul 30th, 2002 04:02 PM

Laila, I loved Culebra! I was only there as a day-trip and really wished I would have stayed overnight. It's very rustic, pristine, uncrowded and the beaches are gorgeous. If you can stay a couple of nights, do so, you won't regret it. It's not the place to go if you need five-star meals or service, but it will provide quite a contrast to the urban feel of San Juan. <BR><BR>Sorry that I can't help with hotels.<BR>Try the following websites: www.culebra-island.com<BR>www.enchanted-isle.com/culebra/<BR>www.culebra.org<BR><BR>If you go, post a report because the next time I go to PR I want to saty overnight in Culebra.