My family and I - 6 of us in total - are looking to go to the Caribbean to celebrate some birthday milestones (30, 35, & 60!). My mom and I are really into hotels and she's created a short list for the trip. My favorite on the list is Nisbet Plantation in Nevis. It has a lot of what we look for in a hotel - it's small, quiet, has a great spa, on the beach, and seems to be a beautiful, secluded location. (One of our family's favorite hotels is Esencia on the Mayan Rivera, which has similar characteristics). We're not the big hotel, tons of activities, meet people on vacation type (not that there's anything wrong with it!).
That said, because of the birthday's we're travelling in October. We all really want to be able to swim but I've heard that the water can get pretty rough at this spot. Has any one been there, or close by, in October? Or can any share their own experiences with the swimming conditions? We don't need to snorkel (I know that's not it's strong suit) but at least we'd like that white sand, warm Caribbean sea experience. Can we get it here? It may just be deal breaker if not.....
(PS if you're curious another short listed hotel is the Jamaica Inn).
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 2 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 3 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 4 Christmas vacation
- 5 NYE in Punta Cana
- 6 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 7 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 8 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 9 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 10 Abaco day trips
- 11 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 12 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 13 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 14 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 15 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 16 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 17 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 18 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 19 sailing the Abacos
- 20 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 21 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 22 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 23 1st time to Barbados
- 24 Help selecting an island destination!
- 25 BVI vs. Exumas