News inre Natalee Holloway

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Late last night (after the Sox game) I heard that the Equus group is going back to Aruba to investigate new leads and that Paulus, Jorens father, wants Aruban authorities to declare absolutely that his son can't be tried for this incident. Interesting. Did anyone else hear this?
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 12:46 PM

No Larry..but thanks for the update.That statement by Joran's dad sounds very odd and suspicious.

Christie
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 08:58 AM

lisa thank you so much for pasting in the article. i can not imagine how beth twitty must feel hearing this. i think mr. swaen's statement is even more odd and suspicious than jacketwatch's original post!
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 10:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I feel so sorry for the parents of this girl.
Those boys were set free and now admit to having consenual sex with her. Like, she said yes to all three of them?? Just disgusting. I enjoyed my trip to Aruba, but there are too many other places to see. I doubt we will go back. The Aruban government really handled this poorly.
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

Lisa1271: Did you mean he will sue if his name is NOT cleared? Is that it?
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 03:46 PM

Hi girlonthego!How are you? Your screen name also fits me perfect.

Take care,
Christie
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 04:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hi Christie, aren't we all always on the go!
I am fine. I have been on the US board more now that we are going to the Hawaii this spring and not the Caribbean. Your favorite place as a matter of fact!!!(Kauai)
Hope you are well.
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 04:13 PM

girlonthego,
I am sooo jealous! Have a great trip and please do a trip report!I will be looking for it on the US forum.

Christie
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 04:16 PM

Sorry Larry for "high jacking" for a moment..I wanted to say hello to girlonthego.

I think that Lisa meant name is NOT cleared.
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 05:06 PM

Somehow the posted article has disappeared but what I got from the article was that he plans to sue once his name is cleared for defamation of character. He states wants his named cleared so he can reapply for his government job, but also plans to sue.
LisaS
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 12:53 AM

"I doubt we will go back. The Aruban government really handled this poorly."

Police in the Caribbean do not have the training to handle major cases. CSI type investigations just won't happen since the governments don't have the money or inclination & major crime has been spotty. You'll find that in most places down here. Also, the laws are different.

Old Nov 1st, 2005, 03:59 AM

Carrybean,
Aruba seems to be a wealthy island..so I would say that they do have the money for this type of investigation.They may not have the knowledge though.I still feel that too much time was wasted in the beginning of the investigation..which gave the guilty parties plenty of time to destroy any potential evidence.

Christie
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Lisa.
Carrybean: No offense but that sounds lame to me. JM2C.
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 05:07 AM

This may not be a popular position, but I would venture to say that Joren et al would not be going to trial on charges in the U.S. either. To the best of my knowledge, the Kalpoe (sp?) brothers and Joren were interrogated non-stop for a prolonged amount of time. In Aruba, there is no concept of probable cause, which is required in the U.S. to arrest and continue detention of a subject.

The bottom line in this case is that these individuals appear to be guilty but many different investigators, both Aruban and American (remember the FBI was down there assisting) could not find enough evidence. I agree, it is sad that most likely this girl's murder will go unsolved. However, these types of things happen all of the time in the U.S. but are not as widely reported. I think the Aruban government didn't help the island's cause in being so tight lipped during the investigation. But, Aruba is a Dutch colony which does not have the same system of justice as the U.S. so trials and investigations aren't so dramatic.
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 05:26 AM

I sort of remember Joran's TV interview in which he stated that "one day" he will tell everything about that night,what happened, who, and where.But at the time, he wasn't "ready"...If that isn't a "confession" ......
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 05:57 AM

The most tragic part of this case, is that there is no body.

That's tragic for the family....and it makes it next to impossible to truly investigate and go to trial.

I know there are examples that could be cited in this country, where prosecution has gone forward.

Sadly, I don't see that happening in this case.

Marion
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 08:15 AM

I think that since their is "no body" it must give her family a little hope that maybe she is not dead.But either way..I really wish for some closure for the family.I can not imagine what they must be going through.

Christie
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 03:43 PM

I agree I am wondering why no one ever seems to feel that the body was obvioulsy put out to sea. Of course there is no body, sadly to say she was fed to the sharks. I have never heard that mentioned. Only that the Father said "no body, no case." I think the Dad had something to do with it as well.
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 04:04 PM

diann,
Yes..for the dad to say "no body no case" thats very suspicious..as if he was reassuring his son not to talk because they have no case.

If that IS what happened..it would be wonderful if there was an eye witness who comes forward..but probably doubtful after all this time.

Christie
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 04:11 PM

Might be lame to you but I have been the victim of violent & also nonviolent crime on a Dutch island & I've dealt with the police there. I know what I'm talking about since I lived for years with the Dutch system.

And there is wealth on Aruba. Doesn't mean the island is wealthy or that the police force is well paid or well trained.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -