Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Newly Single Mom Looking 4 R&R/Spa @ Iberostar Bavaro--Will I Find It?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Kelly

I've got a limited budget after a divorce, so to help me "move on" I'm traveling solo to DR/Punta Cana after extensive research (and finding such good value and good attractions). Those of you that have been to this particular resort, what are the prospects for fun, sun, relaxation, basic spa pamperings and cute guys to flirt with for this 35 yr old African American woman?

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 01:45 PM
xxx

I am also going to the DR soon and have been doing lots of research. I understand that Iberostar is one of the best hotel chains in the DR and that Bavaro beach is gorgeous.<BR><BR>Try the message board at www.debbiesdomincantravel.com<BR><BR>Hope you have a great time. From the sound of the reports of this resort on debbies, you should be fine.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 07:22 AM
gracie

Hi Kelly, the Iberostar Bavaro has everything you need. I stayed there with my boyfriend in November 2001 and we were thrilled. The spa is quite nice..they even have masseuses in a small hut right on the beach..but if you're going solo then you have to find another person to take the massage alongsde with you because the huts are only for 2 people taking massages at the same time. The people that stay at the Iberostar are generally young..many couples and some families with young children. You'll quickly find a group to mingle with.<BR>The hotel itself is gorgeous...if you have the time I really encourage you to visit debbiesdominicantravel.com web site..The amount of info on Iberostar is incredible..tons of reviews from past visitors and, as you'll see, all good experiences.<BR>I guarantee you'll have a good time!<BR>

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Arlene

My husband and I traveled to Punta Cana last year (over Easter). We stayed at the Barcelo resort, the Barcelo Bavaro Palace. We truly loved it! Even more than Maui. If you stay at the Barcelo resort there are 5 hotels, I would recomend the Palace. It is more expensive than the others but it is worth it! Not much in the way of spa pampering but the best beaches in the world! I did not see Iberostar while I was there. The web site below is full of great information.<BR> www.debbiesdomincantravel.com

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 06:54 PM
wendy

Kelly I am also a newly single mom from Canada and am in the process of booking 2 weeks at the Iberostar Bavaro. When are you going? I am trying to narrow it down but it looks like I will probably be there Feb 27-March 13. It would be great to hook up with someone.<BR><BR>My e-mail address is [email protected] if you want to e-mail me.<BR>

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 11:17 AM
dee

Hi Kelly, when are you going ? Or have you been already. I am travelling solo April 18.02 Ready for cabana boys and drinks with little umbrellas too I am staying at the Flamenco Bavaro can't wait