Reload this Page >

New Year's on St. Thomas

Search

New Year's on St. Thomas

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 08:11 AM
E

New Year's on St. Thomas

My family is going to StThomas over New Year's. One of the kids is not 21. Iam looking for a good place to be. I have hear 'Jost' mentioned. Does anyone know what or where this is and what it is? Or does anyone have any other suggestions? Is there something we can do that night as a family?

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 08:48 AM
beach lover

Foxy's Bar in nearby Jost Van Dyke (one of the BVIs) has a famous annual New Year's Party. Never been so don't know if it's suitable for kids, depending on how young they are.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Mary

Jost is Jost Van Dyke, a small island in the British Virgin Islands, about a 40 minute power boat ride from St Thomas.<BR>The New Years Eve party on Jost Van Dyke at Foxy's is definitely not a family event. Think crowds, (like Times Square only warmer), think very very drunk. <BR><BR>Not someplace you want to have your kids. I did it once and that was plenty.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 10:03 AM
cdt

I concur with the opinion on Foxy's and Jost - too many people, and very booze-oriented.<BR><BR>Most of the major hotels on St. Thomas have New Year's Eve bashes. The Marriott might be a good choice, or maybe one of the resorts that caters to families (e.g. Bolongo Bay or Sapphire Beach).<BR>

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 05:00 PM
e

Thanks for your input. I'll try the hotels. My kids love to party, but a drunk fest isn't much fun.