Search

best hotel in Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 01:06 AM
Bev

best hotel in Cancun

Can anyone recommend a very nice hotel on the beach in Cancun? We would prefer one that is more adult oriented. Thanks for your help.

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 07:00 AM
Cheri

Last time we stayed at the Fiesta Americana. (Just the PLAIN FA) It was very nice and their food was good and the beach was nice where is was. The thing we liked the best was it was across from the plazas and we could walk over there and shop and stuff in the evening without having to take a cab or go downtown.

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 10:33 PM
Bob

Why, the Ritz-Carlton or Fiesta Americana Coral Beach, of course!!

Old Jan 8th, 2000, 09:41 AM
patty

We stayed at The Beach Palace Resort, which is one of the 4 Palace Resorts. The room was very large and nicely decorated, and the breakfast and lunch buffets were great. We could walk to the shopping plazas. Be sure to take a bus ride. Its a hoot! Also, if you stay at any of the Palace hotels, you can use any of them during the stay for meals and beach activities. I highly recommend the Palace Hotels. <BR>

Old Jan 8th, 2000, 09:56 AM
charles

I don't think the Palace resorts are "adult" oriented. <BR>Heard there are lots of kids there.

Old Jan 8th, 2000, 01:21 PM
Paul

There is no doubt that the Ritz Carleton is the best on there by far!!! The service is good, the amenities are plentiful and high quality. I have stayed there twice, once with a room with a view and once with an upscale room overlooking the water and that was the best.

Old Jan 8th, 2000, 03:04 PM
Laurie

In May we stayed at the Royal Solaris, this resort is beautiful, it's actually 2 resorts. The Tower side is very loud, lots of partying, the Caribe side much quieter. It's an all-inclusive, the whole week we were there we didn't see many kids at all. I would recommend this resort.

Old Jan 9th, 2000, 02:41 PM
Kristin

We stayed at the Melia Cancun and also the Caesar Park--both beautiful hotels. There were NO spring breakers at either hotel, and both times we were there the weeks of March 17-24. There is an all-inclusive option at Caesar Park, but there are so many fun places to explore in Cancun, that I wouldn't recommend the all-inclusive. Write me directly if you want more info on either place.

Old Jan 10th, 2000, 10:00 AM
Shannon

My husband and I spent our honeymooon last May at the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun, and we loved it. We only saw one couple with 2 children and that was it.