New golf courses in Anguilla and Grenada?

Aug 10th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

New golf courses in Anguilla and Grenada?

Hi, can anyone update me on the progress of the new golf courses being built on Anguilla and Grenada? Both were scheduled to open this year but I figure with Island Time and Hurricane Ivan that's probably not the case???
Aug 10th, 2005, 10:23 AM

ON ANGUILLA THE GREG NORMAN COURSE IS SCHEDULED TO OPEN IN NOVEMBER. THAT IS ON THE WEST END.
ON THE EAST END WHERE THE BEST BEACHES ARE, JACK NICKLAUS AND DONALD TRUMP ARE TEAMING UP TO DESTROY THE REST OF THE ISLAND. THEY ARE STARTING THIS FALL.
Aug 10th, 2005, 10:45 AM

The best beaches? I've found the far east end beaches to be fairly rocky (good for snorkeling but that's about it).

P.S. I agree that it's a travesty that will horribly alter that end of the island. Anguilla does not need another golf course!
Aug 10th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info, I didn't know there were going to be two, you are right, I would think one would be sufficient. I just want to be able to visit and won't get there until my husband can play golf!
Aug 10th, 2005, 04:58 PM

The golf course near Cuisinart(west end-where Sonesta used to be), does not appear that it would be ready to open in November from what we saw in July. I bet the anguilla news web site would be helpful to you. I think Howard has posted that it is more likely in the early part of 2006 before it is open. Hope this helps.