Nevis Four Seasons - Honeymoon?

Jan 16th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Kbuehler

Nevis Four Seasons - Honeymoon?

Would you reccomend the Nevis Four Seasons for a Honeymoon?

Jan 16th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Ann

I have the same question!! I heard the resort is luxurious and beautiful with wonderful service.

I hope you get some replies to confirm...

Jan 16th, 2002, 11:56 AM
melissa

While I have not been yet, two couples I know well absolutely loved it - both were on their 'moons. Raved about the service, food, everything. I hope to go someday. Both couples have pretty high standards - so approval from them is a good sign.

Jan 16th, 2002, 01:43 PM
Susan

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Four Seasons on Nevis twice. If you are able to consider this resort for your Honeymoon GO FOR IT! It is just beautiful The service is out of this world. The food is wonderful. The rooms are somethng out of a magazine. They have two lovely pools. It is just amazing. The last time I was there was 1996. Since then I have heard that they have upgraded their spa to rival the Ritz-Carlton in Jamaica. I was there last year. Their spa was out of this world. If any of you golf the course at the Four Seasons is great (this according to my husband who has golfed many, many places. I don't think that you will find a better resort. The only caution I have is that I don't really partake in water sports so I can't comment on whether or not they are good. I would have to guess that they are. You may also seem some celebrities there. I was there with Cal Ripkin, Jr. Others have spotted Michael J. Fox.

Jan 16th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Har

Good info, Susan! Can you comment more on the pool area and grounds? Or does the pool area fall into the "water sports" that are not top on your list? It sounds wonderful! I hope I can still use some AMEX points in 2003 to go for my honeymoon!!

Jan 16th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Susan

I have been to the Four Seasons several times since 1996. The pool area was completely wiped out by Hurricane Lenny (I think?) a couple of years ago. The hotel was devastated as well. We were there when they were doing the reconstruction (not staying there though!)

Since then, they have rebuilt the pool area to be, in my opinion, nicer than it was, and it was pretty darn nice! There is a casual open air restaurant near the pool area and a bar kind of in the middle of the pools (I don't recall if it had swim up though). There are lots of lounge chairs around the pool and on the beach. Attendants take very good care of you while lying on the beach or around the pool. They will come by and spritz you with ice cold Evian water to cool you off if you are overheating.

I recall seeing some small sail boats and such, also maybe some kyaks, but we haven't ever done any of those water sports, so I didn't pay much attention. We snorkel, but have our own gear, so I don't know if they have that either, sorry!

It is a wonderful place for a honeymoon. My husband and I honeymooned in St. Lucia because we had been to Nevis before, and we both agree that Nevis was much nicer and we wish we would have done that instead!

(Of course, it doesn't hurt to lay out on the beach and have Richard Gere a couple of lounge chairs away, like a few years ago at the Four Seasons! gt;) )

Jan 16th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Paul

Susan could you please comment on the following...

1. 1st vs 2nd floor rooms....? I know that you can walk out easier to the beach on the 1st floor rooms but...
the 2nd floor room decks are screened in which add to living space and privacy

2. Did you ever have to race to the beach or the pool in the morning in order to secure lounge chairs?

Thank you for your comments!

Jan 16th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Paul

woops! Sorry Susan....also have you ever seen an "Executive Suite"? Is it worth $350.00 a night extra for the extra footage? This is for 2 adults and an 8 yr old.

Tks again!

Jan 17th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Paul

Susan....please respond if you can.

Thank you!!!

Jan 20th, 2002, 08:31 AM
candace

Susan, if you're going to Nevis for your honeymoon, you might want to consider Nesbit Plantation. They have lovely cabana cottages right on the beach, beautifully furnished. The food is outstanding and the pool is also lovely. I found the Four Seasons to be very noisy and crowded (their best feature was the golf course which you can play on any day which includes a day of use of their beach facilities).

Jan 21st, 2002, 06:09 AM
Sue

I don't remember ever having to fight for a beach or pool side chair at the Four Seasons.
It was very classy.

Search this Thread