Nevis? Any info your could provide!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a huge fan of St.John. I love the laid back atmosphere and safe feeling i have when vacationing there. We are looking for a change and Nevis was suggested to me. I have never been there and have NO idea about what to expect. How does it compare to St.John? Good beaches? Safe? Snorkeling? Any nightlife?
Any info would be much appreciated!!!
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 10:15 AM

You will be sorely disappointed in Nevis' snorkeling, if that is important to you. However, in all other aspects it is a splendid little island. I loved my trip there, and even though I love snorkeling I found I didn't miss it much during my stay there in 2004.
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 12:19 PM

Nevis is a bit larger than St. John but topographically it is similar - mountainous - three times higher than St. John. It is lusher with dense rainforests at the higher elevations. The beaches are attractive but with darker sand. There's no snorkeling to speak of and very little nightlife.
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 12:28 PM

Nevis will offer you more of a glimpse of a traditional, tranquil type of life in the Caribbean. The island has a simple beauty and charm, but not the bright sand beaches. Lots of fresh locally grown fruit. A little harder to get to then St. John, but well worth it. Extremely safe. You can also take a ferry over to St. Kitts.
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 03:59 AM

I'm also a big fan of St John and we went to Nevis two years ago because we had gotten a great deal at the Four Seasons Hotel. The resort was beatiful, but overall, and in regards to the beaches and aesthetic beauty of the Island, it did not offer what St. John offers. And, imo, it's much harder to get to.
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 04:05 AM

Nevis is quiet, nightlife - none.
Try Turks & Caicos - Beaches - some of the best, Safe - lowest crime rate in the Caribbean, Snorkeling - some of the best, nightlife - yup.
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Original Poster

thanks so much for all of your info. maybe i'll think of another place. turks and caicos was another possibility that we were wondering about. we really like renting villas- are there many villa rentals there? if so, are their prices reasonable?
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 06:19 AM

Just from browsing while we were trying to chose there appear to be many rental villas. We chose Turks and Caicos Club which is a 21 room hotel but the 1 bedroom suites have kitchens. Sort of best of both worlds.