Negril - Rockhouse Booking

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2004, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - We are going to Negril in February and we see availability at the Rockhouse through Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Tradewind tours for the 2 nights we need a room. When we inquired direct through email to the Rockhouse, they are saying there is no availability. Why do you think that is? Could we book it through those travel sites? We just booked this trip yesterday and were able to get 3 nights at the Idle Awhile, but need to find 2 nights somewhere else and we really want to stay at the Rockhouse. Thanks!
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 07:29 AM

Various travel websites purchase the rights to book blocks of rooms at various hotels/resorts. If these rooms don't "sell", they turn back over to the hotel and will become available for them to book on their own. What you are seeing is that during "high" season in Negril, the various travel agengies have purchased all of the rooms to sell through their various websites or agencies. Very common for a month such as February in a high demand destination such as Negril and the Rockhouse. You have selected two of the best places to stay in Negril! You'll love both!
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a ton for your quick response! It sounds like we should just book it through the other sites. Tradewindtours.com is the only site that has a Villa available. I am not familiar with them. Are they safe to book with?
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 07:54 AM

I can't comment on Tradewinds, in particular, as I am not familiar with them. If the Rockhouse has a relationship with them, I am fairly certain that you'll experience no problems. So I guess I did make a comment.
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your comment. We decided to go for it. The only wierd thing is they require you to mail/fax your acceptance of the booking before they will process your payment. It should work out fine. We are just excited for our first trip to Negril!
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 08:36 AM

Sure....No problem! I just checked out their website out of curiosity. They look like a fine operation! In fact, the little town they are located in, is 10 miles away from where I grew up in Minnesota! "Salt of the earth" Midwesterners....you can't go wrong!
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

We said the same thing since we are from Minnesota!
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 09:47 AM

Tweeter: I did not use Tradwind Tours to book my trip to St. Lucia, however, I did speak with them on the phone and they were extremely helpful and very nice.